HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Barnes Sabot/Bullet information (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/400391-barnes-sabot-bullet-information.html)

Muley Hunter 07-21-2015 12:04 PM

I'm a 95 percenter. We have more members, and can beat up the 5 percenters. :D

super_hunt54 07-21-2015 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4208254)
I'm a 95 percenter. We have more members, and can beat up the 5 percenters. :D

Just remember Pete, not all of us ONLY carry ML's, hence the tag line :D Hell I might still be bigger than a bear but I'm oldern dirt. Only thing with much fight left in me is me bugger hooker on the bang switch! :wink:

Muley Hunter 07-21-2015 04:47 PM

I carry a .44 mag now. I'm going coyote hunting with it tomorrow. Think I can get close enough?

super_hunt54 07-21-2015 06:11 PM

The 4 inch? What calls are you using? Carry some shooting sticks. Them critters are jittery and hard to hit with a handgun. It'll be some good practice for when you go bear hunting with it. Just remember what I told you on the bear hunting thing. "Update your Insurance policy and take someone SLOWER than you"! :happy0157:

1874sharpsshooter 07-21-2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4208254)
I'm a 95 percenter. :D

I knew it :happy0157:

Muley Hunter 07-21-2015 07:34 PM

No you don't. :p

lemoyne 07-22-2015 06:56 PM

Only 5%, I thought their were a lot more of us than that. Lee

txhunter58 07-23-2015 03:58 AM

I would say 5% is about right. I am not there yet, but working on it......

Triple Se7en 07-23-2015 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by lemoyne (Post 4208520)
Only 5%, I thought their were a lot more of us than that. Lee

Actually that 5% number peaked about 10 years ago, when smokeless entered the ML scene and is probably closer to 2.5% today.

Most ML shooters still live East in more populated America and typical harvests remain under 100 yards.

But hey, it's more important that we saturate ML boards today with 200-400 yard discussions. For the bulk of everyday members visiting ML boards in the offseason (Feb-Sept), has shifted to techies, makers, workers and suppliers of the industry.

So carry-on as usual and help to keep us 95%ers more educated on the world of high-tech muzzleloading. We desire about 10 more Lehigh topics please. Just haven't been enough of those this year. Need more Blackhorn discussions too. That powder does account for 80% of ML powder sales ..... doesn't it?

What do you mean Blackhorn sales lag under 20%. You would never believe that here. It's really rare to see a Pyrodex topic here, despite Pyrodex outselling Blackhorn by a mile and a half. Same with real blackpowder, which outsells Blackhorn by another mile and a half.

Both require Fatima miracles to get talked about here. Why?...... the board techies here want no part of them. But real America still does. So OK 5%ers.....carry-on while I slam this thread door-here shut.

Gm54-120 07-23-2015 05:41 AM

SMLs have been around since the 1980s or even longer. http://www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com/

Since 1984 Smokeless Muzzleloading Has been making replacement muzzleloading barrels for New England Firearms and H&R single shot actions. The barrels are made from Douglas button riffled barrel blanks. The barrels have a one turn in 36 inch rate of twist. The Smokeless Muzzleloading Inc. System uses a breach plug that uses A 209 Size shotgun primer to seal the barrel so there is no blow by when it is fired.
The Smokeless Muzzleloading System is designed to use smokeless powder and bullets with sabots. The system may also use black powder if so desired. The use of SMOKELESS POWDER and 209 size shotgun primers means there is no CORROSION to worry about.
Using smokeless has little to do with range and far more to do with cost and convenience. It was and is the original BP replacement. A pound of smokeless goes much further and cost less per shot than subs.

Im sorry you could not make Blackhorn209 work for you. :wave::violin: