HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   XTP--80 Grain Conditions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/400277-xtp-80-grain-conditions.html)

ronlaughlin 07-14-2015 09:22 AM

XTP--80 Grain Conditions

That's the 250g XTP after blasting through the carpet, plywood, and three jugs.

About 1/4 second after impact the jugs looked this way.

The XTP bounced off the fourth jug, and was found on the ground directly under the horse. The fourth, and fifth jug were undamaged, except for a slight mark in the label of the fourth jug where the XTP hit. The first, and second jug were shredded. The rifle was loaded with 80g Blackhorn, and the 250g XTP in a short black Harvester sabot.

Grouse45 07-14-2015 09:57 AM

Ron,
I hope you save all the 80grn Videos. Then when done you can post one thread with all the videos on that thread. Just an idea for convenience in the future to see your results.

cayugad 07-14-2015 10:11 AM

Did you happen to weigh that slug to see how much mass it lost?

Three jugs, pretty impressive and the expansion looks real good. Was this at 25 yards again? Excellent pictures by the way.

Game Stalker 07-14-2015 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4206865)
Ron,
I hope you save all the 80grn Videos. Then when done you can post one thread with all the videos on that thread. Just an idea for convenience in the future to see your results.

Said in jest: Ron, you're using all our curiosity to justify all your shootin'.:woot:

ronlaughlin 07-14-2015 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4206865)
Ron,

Not many folks have been watching video of these bullet lately. Haven't been editing, nor uploading video much anymore, however, here is the XTP 80g Video of this bullet and load.

ronlaughlin 07-14-2015 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 4206868)
Did you happen to weigh that slug to see how much mass it lost?

Three jugs, pretty impressive and the expansion looks real good. Was this at 25 yards again?....

Oops, forgot to write the range was 26 yard. The bullet weighs 220g now.

WV Hunter 07-14-2015 11:10 AM

Lots of folks have good luck with reliable old XTP's. They just work.

Nice work Ron :D

WV Hunter 07-14-2015 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin (Post 4206878)
Not many folks have been watching video of these bullet lately. Haven't been editing, nor uploading video much anymore, however, here is the XTP 80g Video of this bullet and load.

I wish I could watch video's... on my sucky internet its a no go. One of the perks of living out in the country I guess. :(

ronlaughlin 07-14-2015 12:59 PM

Maybe you can watch this smaller video version.

cayugad 07-14-2015 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by WV Hunter (Post 4206884)
I wish I could watch video's... on my sucky internet its a no go. One of the perks of living out in the country I guess. :(

Same here. Out in the middle of now where, the speeds are pretty good on the Satellite Dish finally, but they really restrict your usage. Use too much, or watch too many videos they turn you off. That's why their commercials of "watch streaming video on demand" or "watch Netflix" it just can't be done. You'd burn your month's supply in a few days.