Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
2nd Shooting Lehigh 40x215 in 1-30 Twist >

2nd Shooting Lehigh 40x215 in 1-30 Twist

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

2nd Shooting Lehigh 40x215 in 1-30 Twist

Old 07-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lemoyne
If I had some I would drop the charge to 80 grains and work up 10 grains at a time, might be some surprises in store.
I was thinking about dropping to 90 of T7 - but I was sure they would tumble @ 110.

Looking at this set of pictures particularly the height of the 230 as compared to the 215. I could not get the 230 to stabilize from the 1-30 even with a 130 grains of t7.

But as I look at the pic the 215 really is not that much longer than the 200 which I can shoot really well.

I really wish I knew why they might work so well for me and not others.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think we have answered the question about whether the bullet might be yawing or not. SShooter has put a post about shooting the bullet this morning form a slow twist 45. His holes looked ragged also. But his 1 hole group at a 100 was really nice and a 1" group of two shots at 200 and no sign of tumbling is even better.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...wer-twist.html

Then something SShooter mentioned prompted me to go take a look at my target board. After doing that there is no question in my mind the bullets were not yawing.

Here is a close up of one of the random 40 cal holes.

All of them looked very good - I was also able to plug new bullets into the existing holes - it was a really tight push to get them in - but there they are.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:27 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Based on those pics i dont think it is tumbling either . Looks good to me

Old 07-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Spike

Sabotloader, Looking at the sides of the 215cf an the 185BL bullets, Does the taper on the 215cf start before or about the same?