Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic:  Deer Herd To Be Destroyed >

Off Topic: Deer Herd To Be Destroyed

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic: Deer Herd To Be Destroyed

Old 06-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Off Topic: Deer Herd To Be Destroyed

Check out the article about the World Class Whitetails preserve at the link below.

That must be a tough place to hunt with only "a herd of close to 800 deer on his three farms covering more than 200 acres". I wonder what people were paying to "hunt" a World Class deer.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/loca...20BMOhyI.email
Old 06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

800 deer on 200 acres ... that would be good odds. But it looks like they have CWD so I am sure that is why the order to destroy was made. Our DNR did a mass cleaning of the deer herds when CWD was found in our state. And they still have not completely solved it.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our first case of CWD hit Michigan.....
Old 06-20-2015, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
800 deer on 200 acres ... that would be good odds.

Yeah... pet a pet!

We've dealt with CWD for years also in both WV & VA. CWD is just another disease that has always been around. Its only since trophy whitetail hunting became such a big money business did anyone start caring. All of the sudden it became a "big problem".

A perfect example is this pet a pet place....people pay thousands of dollars to go shoot a "trophy" that is penned in. Man, that is hunting
I personally believe its just another one of God's ways of dealing with nature and population control. This isn't the first place that will have its herd destroyed, and likely won't be the last. Anytime you take that many wild animals and put them in that close of quarters, it don't take much for problems to arise for the whole herd.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the only area where bTB is in the herd. They've been trying for decades to eradicate it and have only been able to control it. Doe tags are basically unlimited, yet the bucks are the primary carriers
Old 06-23-2015, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
I live in the only area where bTB is in the herd. They've been trying for decades to eradicate it and have only been able to control it. Doe tags are basically unlimited, yet the bucks are the primary carriers
bTB??? What is that?
Old 06-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that this is a disease that has been around for a long time. So what the scientific pin heads are telling us is if we have a disease, we should wipe out the entire heard? Does that go for humans also??? I think not. Why don't they work on fixing this problem with a more intelligent approach.

Sorry, I say let the disease run it's course or come up with a vaccine!! Now that's a novel approach.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
bTB??? What is that?
Bovine Tuberculosis
Old 06-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Bovine Tuberculosis
Sorry been hunting deer for 50 years and have never heard of this disease. Is it known by something else?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

https://www.google.com/search?q=bovi...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.