Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
1:20 Disc & 200 XTPs >

1:20 Disc & 200 XTPs

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

1:20 Disc & 200 XTPs

Old 06-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another thought Super Hunt. If you do run the test, be sure to ream out the flame channel between shots also. We wouldn't want carbon build up in there to affect the results.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Another thought Super Hunt. If you do run the test, be sure to ream out the flame channel between shots also. We wouldn't want carbon build up in there to affect the results.
Already thought of that. Good thing I have a speed breech! Now typically I tend to fire off a couple of caps before I load a clean barrel when going hunting. I would assume you would want the test to be "real world" so I should do that as well. It's got me curious as well. I'll also take a couple of cans of air and just clean the breech plug like I would at home. Use the air to dry everything out quicker.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really looking forward to a report of the results.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

Looking forward to the report.

As an FYI. I store my guns with a patch of BC Baricade run through. Prior to the session I ran a wet patch, a dry patch and fired 3 primers. Still was 2" out of the group at 75 yards.

This is consistant from my experience. I have a bottle of liquid graphite I want to try one of these days. I know the CF guys have used this in the past.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

That is some real good shooting. The idea of increasing the powder charge, might work. I have shot them out of my .451 White with 110 grains of Triple Seven and they did real well. But then most anything shoots out of that White.

Cleaning a gun is never a chore to me. I agree Semisane. Its something that needs to be done. For me, being a coffee junkie, and I do mean good coffee, I just sit sipping coffee and cleaning guns. Sometimes I will clean several guns and get myself good a tight on coffee.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I WAS going to go do that today but I really don't feel like sitting out in the dang rain! The weather around here has been simply FREAKY. High of 82 one day, next day a high of 58! I'll get to it one day this week. The wife is actually looking forward to it. Think she is going to take a couple of her "toys" with her. She doesn't hunt often but boy is she wicked with her .44mag Redhawk! Not to dang shabby with her little .38sp Lady Smith either. I sure wouldn't want to be on the business end of her with either one.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Spike

Semisane, Its funny you said that because every time I'm cleaning my gun's an drinking a beer my wife comes by an says, Beer and guns good combo.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Beer and gun cleaning = good combo.
Beer and gun shooting = not.