Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rained out

Old 05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Rained out

I was going to go out and shoot. I got everything together and then it started raining hard and the wind really picked up so I guess I will postpone it. But when it clears up I am all set
I decided to shoot the double barrel
I only shot it one time many years ago. at that time I used a 525 gr conical and 110 gr powder. I didn't like the recoil and so I didn't shoot it enough to even see if the barrels were regulated at 75 yards like they are suppose to be.
I decided that this time around I will just go with round ball and maybe 90 gr of powder, That should be manageable .
I do remember it had a terrible hard trigger pull. Pedersoli told me the hard trigger on the other barrel was for safety reasons. All I remember is that it sucked.
But I shall give it another chance and if the barrels aren't regulated good enough at least it has double sights . So when it clears up I shall get out, shoot, and give a report

here some pics of it
Pedersoli Double barrel Kodiak express in 58 cal.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 AM
1874sharpsshooter

pics didn't turn out very good. Oh well

Old 05-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe it was Robert Ruark who said "use enough gun".

Looking forward to the report Sharpsshooter.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
pics didn't turn out very good. Oh well
They look fine to me. Maybe there's something goofy going on with either the forum or Photobucket. The last picture I posted showed up as "photo not found", so I deleted the post.

By the way, it's time for a new signature line.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful rifle! I've never seen one before, looks really nice! Be interested to see how she shoots...
Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Put some bear grease on your boots, and you won't be afraid of the rain.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Beautiful Pedersoli!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Myself also, the last two days I have been trying to get to the range to use my new CDE me chronograph on my Prohunter 45 with the Bergara barrel it has a .454 dia. barrel and I have started using .410 bullets in a crush-rib sabot and have very nice groups. They are a bit stiff loading. Now if I could just find out how fast 120 grains BH is pushing them 210 grain Gold Dots???!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful rifle!!! But I don't think we could use it for hunting in Virginia! It would be a fun gun at the range to play with though.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rafsob
Beautiful rifle!!! But I don't think we could use it for hunting in Virginia! It would be a fun gun at the range to play with though.
I don't know why not? We can use smokeless, scoped, no restrictions on primers/bullets, etc. an now we can even use a ML handgun....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.