HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Which would you sell? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/399463-would-you-sell.html)

1874sharpsshooter 05-25-2015 03:20 PM

Which would you sell?

I am thinking about selling a long range shooter . Which do you think i should sell ? A White English Sporting Rifle or Pedersoli Gibbs . Both are a .451 both are 1:18 twist . The pedersoli has never been shot and the White was only shot by Doc for doe season then i bought it . I would be asking the same price for either one . Which would you sell or which would you buy ? Just curious

Grouse45 05-25-2015 03:26 PM

I would sell the White

Muley Hunter 05-25-2015 04:11 PM

Just let me have one so you don't have to make the decision.

1874sharpsshooter 05-25-2015 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4199259)
Just let me have one so you don't have to make the decision.

I think i already gave you a gun once didn't I ? :)

Muley Hunter 05-25-2015 04:45 PM

2 is a nice even number. :D

Semisane 05-25-2015 04:45 PM

Man, that's a tough one Sharpsshooter.

The Pedersoli Gibbs is a beautiful gun. I would lean in that direction. Then again, I haven't seen a good picture of Doc's English Sporting Rifle and could change my mind in a side by side comparison. Do they feel the same at the shoulder? What about dimensions - barrel length, weight? How do the sights compare?

If I were in your shoes I'd have to shoot them both before I could choose which one to keep.

Triple Se7en 05-25-2015 05:04 PM

I would sell both. I am only interested in inline fast twisters. My last remaining sidelock is a 66-twist roundballer.

The older I get, the more modern my muzzleloader rifles become.

sabotloader 05-25-2015 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter (Post 4199255)
I am thinking about selling a long range shooter . Which do you think i should sell ? A White English Sporting Rifle or Pedersoli Gibbs . Both are a .451 both are 1:18 twist . The pedersoli has never been shot and the White was only shot by Doc for doe season then i bought it . I would be asking the same price for either one . Which would you sell or which would you buy ? Just curious

To be honest with ya!!! I hate the thought of you selling any of your rifles. I believe I know what a treasure each and everyone of them is to you...

mike

1874sharpsshooter 05-25-2015 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 4199277)
To be honest with ya!!! I hate the thought of you selling any of your rifles. I believe I know what a treasure each and everyone of them is to you...

mike

Believe me , i dont want to but i dont have much choice right now.

cayugad 05-26-2015 05:08 AM

I guess the question would be to me is.. which would sell faster for the price I want to get out of it. While they are in great shape (call them NIB), the White would be harder for a potential buyer to get. So they may be more inclined to jump on that. If the price for a NIB is too high, I often kick in the extra and just go brand new from the store. Then I don't have to question the condition of the seller, because not all sellers are totally honest when they sell a gun.