Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Opening day javelina...and BH209 fouled barrel would not have even mattered! >

Opening day javelina...and BH209 fouled barrel would not have even mattered!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Opening day javelina...and BH209 fouled barrel would not have even mattered!

Old 02-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Don

I thought I was the only one that laid their ML against a branch like that....lol.

Were either of your parents British........ by-chance? That's my guess when looking at your provided pic. I have this fetish for guessing nationalities with people-pics. My 2nd guess would be Australian.

Congrats on your successful hunt BTW.
Thanks, TSe7en! We think there is Irish in my blood lines..somewhere way back.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not far from ya'.......... wei-wei France.

No signs of any javelina here in Southern Lower Michigan. And our Governor Daniel Snyder has quadrupled the log-cutting business here. Pretty soon the whole Huron National Forest will be a giant parking lot.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Very exciting hunt for you. That does look like it would not throw a lot of meat. But the thrill of the hunt was real cool. Happy eating.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
I'm not far from ya'.......... wei-wei France.

No signs of any javelina here in Southern Lower Michigan. And our Governor Daniel Snyder has quadrupled the log-cutting business here. Pretty soon the whole Huron National Forest will be a giant parking lot.
I do think we are blessed in AZ with a lot of national and BLM land...and well managed game harvesting. I frankly can't imagine living where one has to have a hunting lease just to hunt (my apologies TX!) I do envy, somewhat, our southern and eastern brethren for their white tail explosion. Our mule deer population here has gone down such that I don't even "put in" for the lottery draw any more.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
Very exciting hunt for you. That does look like it would not throw a lot of meat. But the thrill of the hunt was real cool. Happy eating.
Thanks, cayugad, I'm kind of addicted to javelina hunting because of that thrill of stalking and getting in close. I love elk hunting here, too (particularly for the meat they provide!), but javelina has become a real passion of mine!
Old 02-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Spike

Nice shootin, looks like fun!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gobbler1
Nice shootin, looks like fun!
Thanks Gobler. Looks like we'll be heading out again Monday morning. I'd at least like to see Gordy's son Jon get one, as it would be his first "big" game score.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

They're neat little critters. I'd like to try my hand at hunting them too some day. Congrats on a fun and successful hunt.