Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic - Special Sale Price? >

Off Topic - Special Sale Price?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic - Special Sale Price?

Old 02-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Off Topic - Special Sale Price?

Old 02-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right Place - Right Time.
Power Ball / Mega Millions Lottery winners will tell us the same, when asking / receiving six unknown easy pick-numbers that the lottery machine decides on, at that precise moment of time and day.
The only guarantee remaining here is every future deer harvested by this teenager, the rest of his life, will likely be a letdown.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually I am glad to see that the deer escaped and got to run free for a while. Even though it was harvested. I do wonder how much fear of man it lost in the high fence. Some of them get so accustomed to the "smell" of a human that it no longer sets them in immediate flight. But it thrills me to see a young man, spotted it in his trail camera and then set up for it. Had I saw that monster in my woods, I would have done the same. No matter how or why that deer was in my woods.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

And I believe on an other note it should qualify as a Boone and Crockett entry as it was taken outside the high fence.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pay 20 grand for antlers? Not in a million years from this old coot.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Its the same as when they hunt these exotics in high fence conditions. Some of the prices they pay, amaze me. I have a friend who is a hog farmer and we laughed, one night he told me to come to his farm and he'd let me shoot a big old hog and only charge me market value.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

There's a place up North of me in Mississippi where you can pay to "hunt" Elk. They take you out to the field and you pick out which one you want to shoot. They haul it back to the skinning shed, dress it out for you, and charge you by the pound.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
And I believe on an other note it should qualify as a Boone and Crockett entry as it was taken outside the high fence.
Now that's an interesting point. It sure was a free roaming animal when taken.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
There's a place up North of me in Mississippi where you can pay to "hunt" Elk. They take you out to the field and you pick out which one you want to shoot. They haul it back to the skinning shed, dress it out for you, and charge you by the pound.
Those places are everywhere. There's one a few hours west of where I live. I butcher my own deer each year but give my hides to a local butcher/deer processor in exchange for letting me throw the bones and head in his rendering barrels. One evening a year or so ago, I was there and overheard a guy telling him about the place. The guy told the butcher that his "guide" even let him shoot his from his truck!

Takes all kinds I guess...

On another note... I'm happy for the young man that got that trophy buck. And I'll bet someone's @$$ was on the carpet at the outfitters who had it fenced in for not keeping a close eye on those fences!!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 02-06-2015 at 08:45 AM.