Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Looks like I got beat... >

Looks like I got beat...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looks like I got beat...

Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Spike

Read Buyer Protection on Gunbroker site and follow instruction, helped me before.
Good Luck, Steve
Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 AM
JW
Super Moderator

It appears Cabin Fever has struck early this year. Seems this forum has hiccups between members during late winter the past few years.

Didn't care for the popcorn so I just swept it away.

JW
Old 02-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad you brought your broom. I forgot to mention the bag had a hole in it.

Eventually he will get his rifle.... or a refund, if pursued. Me? - Cecil at prbullet may have lost my postal money order under his tractor tires on a windy Manitoba day..... lol
Old 02-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, read the buyer protection. Also, if you did actually get ripped off, and it's not just a snafu - (no excuse w/o communication to you) you can file a police report where the seller lives. At least you have proof.

I buy stuff now and then, if it's a gun, I usually use USPS money order. Then if you get stiffed there is a federal agency involved which can potentially help your cause. Possible mail fraud,etc. Other items PayPal provides decent options.

I'm hoping for you that since the seller has a lot of good reviews, there is just a mixup.
Keep us posted.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ModernPrimitive

My package from prbullet arrived finally. I am astounded how eerily similar the 50/40 260 grain Precision Extreme Elite bullets are to the now discontinued Buffalo SSB bullets I still have in 285 grain. The only difference I see is the contour of each's boattail. "Long & Slender" is the theme to this bullet, for I have never seen something like this before. I do not believe anyone else makes a 260 grain in 50/40-cal bullets.

The other package I received, the 50/40 180 grain QT Polymer Tips, tell me I'm looking at almost the exact same 50-cal roundball grain size, except in a bullet that's shaped like a nuclear missile. Because the bullet is so lightweight, I don't think I can push these very hard....... probably 85-90 grains max, to achieve 150 yards in a tight grouping. Again, I have never seen this before. Nobody I know makes a 180 grain missile bullet in 50/40.

I just purchased two freaks of ML Nature....lol

Hope your gun comes today and keep us posted please.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 02-05-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Aw! Dang it. Whatever it was, I missed it. And MP & BPS hardly ever get nasty.
Semi,

I didn't get nasty, I basically just agreed with a statement MP made. No big deal, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it!

BPS
Old 02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Semi,

I didn't get nasty, I basically just agreed with a statement MP made. No big deal, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it!

BPS
Me either, but I sure hope he saw my last post that got deleted.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Having a good relationship with your friendly neighborhood banker pays dividends!

On Wed a.m; still having rec'd no communication from the seller, I went into the bank to collect all info relevant to the payment for the auction.

As I spoke with the Mgr he suggested that having made payment from my business account, I should avail myself of their "concierge service" for missing/lost checks.

10 minutes later we were on a recorded line to the seller's business phone; the branch manager introduced himself, mentioned he was calling on my behalf to trace a lost/missing check and turned it over to me.

The first thing out of the seller's mouth was that he had not yet received my payment; I told him that was not so.

Then the branch mgr interjected that he was currently looking at an e-copy of the cashed check on his screen and read the seller's business account number to him.

Stunned silence, and I thought the guy had hung up.

The mgr then mentioned that the fact of the matter was that my check had cleared into his account 2 weeks ago and that he, the seller, was ultimately attempting to defraud me by keeping both the funds and the rifle.

Oddly, the seller then said that he was confused but now remembered my purchase; he said he felt that the selling price was too low ( I met his reserve price, fwiw) and that he was deciding whether to cancel the auction and return my money or ship the rifle.

He was reminded, again, that this call was on a recorded line and, given his statement, it would behoove him to send one or the other quickly.
We ended the call on that note.

Bear in mind, I sent payment within 2 hours of the auction's end which the seller rec'd 3 days later as verified by the USPS Priority mail number. The check cleared within 24 hours of deposit, yet he sat on it for 3 weeks "deciding"!!
Frankly,I wasn't very hopeful.

Well, this afternoon the UPS man dropped a box off at my shop.

I was shocked.

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 02-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default The bonus round

After the call, the branch mgr and I spoke a bit more-hunting,fishing,etc.

We do a fair amount of business, so we're not quite strangers.

Anyway, he mentions his brief fling with blackpowder guns and that, if I'm interested, he has "a long gun put away which I might like."

Naturally, I'm interested...so for $100 and a bottle of wine, I now also have a .54 Lyman GPR which looks like new!

In the end, that reticent Gunbroker seller actually did me a solid.

( I ain't sending a thank you note)
Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great news! Good thinking going to the bank
And yes, it worked out in your favor big time!

Don't forget to leave a truthful review. Maybe that will help others not have to deal with what you just did. He thought the gun sold for too little, yet he set the reserve.... wow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.