HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Think about it. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/397444-think-about.html)

inghamtr 02-02-2015 06:48 PM

Think about it.

Black powder shooting is big business today,new guns,new powders,new bullets.Heck I pay about the same or a little more for a single muzzleloader bullet than I do a centerfire round.Rifle companys got to make a profit,major players who have dropped out for one reason or another,Winchester,Ruger,Savage,Marlin..Reminghton was gone for a while,Thompson Center dropped side hammers.I wonder at times if we trying to make a better mouse trap.Knight has their 4 inch group guarantee,doesnt matter if its a top of the line disc rifle or the old plunger style that comes on the big and little horn rifle.One thing about it tho,is overall,the people who like to shoot and make smoke,are more than willing to share.I don't know much,but I am willing to share what I have learned..I got way more muskets than I need,been trying to sell some,find reasons not to sell some.Guy called me and said,Man I really want to get that muzzleloader you have for sale,,I have one but it shoots 2 inches high on the first shot at 50 yards...Instead of pushing my rifle on him,I gave him a few suggestions.Good thing I am not a used car salesman or I would starve to death.I think I will shoot the GPR and round balls tomorrow and think where I went wrong in life,,lol..

inghamtr 02-02-2015 07:01 PM

The sad thing about this is,,,,while writing the above topic,a gun came on gunbroker that I don't have,never seen.Its an old plunger style gun.I have to have it,,I need to join black powder anonymous.I have a problem,

cayugad 02-02-2015 07:27 PM

I have felt that way a few times myself.

inghamtr 02-02-2015 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 4183297)
I have felt that way a few times myself.

Is there help for us??My buddy is happy with 4 guns,one I gave him when his house burned.Maybe pyrodex and triple 7 have ate my brain and if I switch to blackhorn my brain cells will return.

Blackpowdersmoke 02-02-2015 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by inghamtr (Post 4183298)
Is there help for us??My buddy is happy with 4 guns,one I gave him when his house burned.Maybe pyrodex and triple 7 have ate my brain and if I switch to blackhorn my brain cells will return.

I seriously doubt that... if you do and you're still not satisfied, your brain cells have not returned... what options do you have?

Go back to T7 or Pyrodex

Go to REAL BLACK POWDER, which will rejuvenate your brain cells immediately... OR,

Go to a center fire rifle which requires no more brain power than to place a loaded cartridge in the chamber of a single shot by hand or to fill a magazine/clip and load your rifle's chamber by bolt, pump, lever, or (God forbid), semi-auto action and forget about muzzleloading altogether....

BPS

inghamtr 02-02-2015 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke (Post 4183304)
I seriously doubt that... if you do and you're still not satisfied, your brain cells have not returned... what options do you have?

Go back to T7 or Pyrodex

Go to REAL BLACK POWDER, which will rejuvenate your brain cells immediately... OR,

Go to a center fire rifle which requires no more brain power than to place a loaded cartridge in the chamber of a single shot by hand or to fill a magazine/clip and load your rifle's chamber by bolt, pump, lever, or (God forbid), semi-auto action and forget about muzzleloading altogether....

BPS

I have a flint lock I haven't shot in a long time,I am going to get some black powder and shoot it,,it was on my list.My goal next year is to take a deer with it..My son is 20,I have him and his friends interested and asking questions about side hammer guns.They think they are cool.They love shooting cap n ball pistols.If I convert a couple of them from pellets to powder,I will be happy.

nchawkeye 02-03-2015 01:05 AM

Sounds like you are paying too much for bullets, go bulk, buy bullets and sabots separately...I too prefer real black powder over the subs...With my flintlocks, I make my own balls...Once you do this, shooting gets much cheaper...

Palehorse 02-03-2015 10:59 AM

I have one muzzleloader.
One 308.
One 12 ga. pump
One 1911

My friends think I am the sick one.

WV Hunter 02-04-2015 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by palehorse (Post 4183381)
i have one muzzleloader.
One 308.
One 12 ga. Pump
one 1911

my friends think i am the sick one.

lol..... :)