Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Vision - Western Edition >

Knight Vision - Western Edition

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision - Western Edition

Old 01-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Knight Vision - Western Edition

They were showing this at the shot show this year so it will probably on the way to the markets pretty soon.

Knight has converted the Vision break open rifle to be a Western Legal. I do not know all of the particulars but I am positive it will come with your choice of #11 or Musket cap ignition. I also expect the price to be really attractive or competitive, but have not seen a suggested price as of this date.

What do I know of the Vision? I remember a friend of mine sent me one of the original Visions several years ago to do some shooting and testing with the rifle plus he wanted the LOP cut down.

I remember when I got the rifle - I was surprised at the strength of the gun. It was built to last. It does have a Green Mountain barrel and it shot really well.

This target was the sight in target and the first shots fired from the rifle.

Since the introduction of the rifle and I believe it was two years ago - Knight went back in and re-worked the internals of the trigger and hammer to make them smoother and easier to shoot. The parts are now machined rather than stamped.

I really do like the hammer-less design. My very first rifle EVER was a 1894 Winchester 30-30 - I still have it and I used for years and years - and all of that time I never once complained about needing to pull the hammer back to shoot at a deer. TODAY - it is different I hate it! I would much rather just slide a safety off and be able to shoot. The Vision solves that problem for me, so maybe that is part of the reason I like it.

I am not sure when we will see it - but I am hoping to get one soon to put in some farm time testing it... When I get it I hope to add a lot more information about the rifle.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to be very interested in the Vision and for the prices they were selling for was VERY interested. But when the topic of them would come up, there were too many horror stories about them. Yet those that hand them bragged what excellent shooters they were. Also as I remember there was something about the stock length, but I forget what the whole issue was. If they have worked out the bugs, I think that would be an excellent hunting rifle.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I used to be very interested in the Vision and for the prices they were selling for was VERY interested. But when the topic of them would come up, there were too many horror stories about them. Yet those that hand them bragged what excellent shooters they were. Also as I remember there was something about the stock length, but I forget what the whole issue was. If they have worked out the bugs, I think that would be an excellent hunting rifle.
The Sportsman guide models had some issuing with misfires. I believe that was right before the end of the last owners. The new owners corrected those and like Mike said all parts are machined now. I personally think the lop is to long and I suggest cutting the stock or using a Nikon Omega scope with 5" eye relief.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The Sportsman guide models had some issuing with misfires. I believe that was right before the end of the last owners. The new owners corrected those and like Mike said all parts are machined now. I personally think the lop is to long and I suggest cutting the stock or using a Nikon Omega scope with 5" eye relief.
Tom - I am not sure at this point - but I think Knight has also reduced the LOP of the new Visions along the lines of the Ultra-Lite.

I plan on putting a peep site on the one I am getting but I am not sure which one either a Williams or a NECG mounted on a rail to get it as far back as I can....
Old 01-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Vision, but have had to send it back to Knight twice for repairs. Both times, the firing pin was not striking the primer - i.e., gun didn't shoot. In all fairness to Knight, they repaired it both times free of charge. However, I don't trust the rifle anymore to take hunting. It may be 100% okay now, but I haven't been able to shoot it enough to verify that it will fire 100% of the time. It is built like a tank, and seems to be pretty accurate. Maybe at some point after shooting it enough, I will trust it to take out hunting, but not right now....
Old 01-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Will it come in a 45 cal with a 1:20 twist???
Old 01-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by edmehlig
Will it come in a 45 cal with a 1:20 twist???
No... They are still holding back on that one... I am just glad I got a 1-20 from Sqezer a few years back and I am almost to the point that I think I should start looking again. I found a Knight Super DISC in a local SG store but like a nummy I sent it out east to Grouse. Wish now that I had kept it...
Old 01-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
No... They are still holding back on that one... I am just glad I got a 1-20 from Sqezer a few years back and I am almost to the point that I think I should start looking again. I found a Knight Super DISC in a local SG store but like a nummy I sent it out east to Grouse. Wish now that I had kept it...
I believe that's the one I use all the time. I have atleast three 1/20 45's and don't plan on getting rid of any.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I believe that's the one I use all the time. I have atleast three 1/20 45's and don't plan on getting rid of any.
Did you get that one 'black iced'?
Old 01-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Knight Vision is brand new and never been fired. It's 5-1/2 weeks old now and Michigan winter has not allowed me to shoot it yet. According to Accuweather.com, I have another three weeks of waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.