Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
GPR-I hate this stock!!!!!!!! >

GPR-I hate this stock!!!!!!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

GPR-I hate this stock!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Sometimes I think about the old timers back then. I think they'd be laughing at us for copying what they used when we have better choices.
You might be right,I have an old semi custom flint lock on the wall,that I will trade for moosehuntersupreme gun any day.Except I am a lefty,lol
Old 01-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess it's all what you like. I like to use the old stuff. At least I like the way they look better.

No doubt the new muzzleloaders work better, but sometimes that's not important to someone. For some it's not what you kill, but how you do it.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Spike

I guess it's all what you like. I like to use the old stuff. At least I like the way they look better.

No doubt the new muzzleloaders work better, but sometimes that's not important to someone. For some it's not what you kill, but how you do it.
Very True,I am a traditional archer,and hunt with a long bow.I have made a couple of self bows,after many attempts.,lol,,,I was walking down the road one day after a hunt and this landowner comes by and wants to look at my stuff,,he said cool,you can hunt my property too.I never thought I would hear that from him,but he liked the old ways and things too.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very cool.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by inghamtr
Very True,I am a traditional archer,and hunt with a long bow.I have made a couple of self bows,after many attempts.,lol,,,I was walking down the road one day after a hunt and this landowner comes by and wants to look at my stuff,,he said cool,you can hunt my property too.I never thought I would hear that from him,but he liked the old ways and things too.
Yes, I've met a few folks over the years that don't have a problem with you hunting their property with a bow but they won't allow anyone to hunt with a firearm. Mostly because they own horses and they felt that firearms spooked their horses. I don't attempt to try and reason with them otherwise... I just say "Thank you very much" and take it for what it is.

BPS
Old 01-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Using what they used then gives us a better appreciation of what they went through...

Heck, anyone can fill their freezer with a modern, scoped rifle...
Old 01-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not anyone. I know guys who have hunted elk for 10 years, and haven't got one yet.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Yes, I've met a few folks over the years that don't have a problem with you hunting their property with a bow but they won't allow anyone to hunt with a firearm. Mostly because they own horses and they felt that firearms spooked their horses. I don't attempt to try and reason with them otherwise... I just say "Thank you very much" and take it for what it is.

BPS
We had asked this guy for permission to hunt before,he always said no.After looking at the bow and arrows I had made and talking to me,it was different..Later he gave me permission to muzzleload hunt..I guess it just came down to taking the time to talk.Plus he didn't think I could kill anything with it,except time,,lol
Old 01-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Spike

Not anyone. I know guys who have hunted elk for 10 years, and haven't got one yet.
Agreed,you still have to know how to hunt,scout and shoot or else be real lucky.You would be surprised at the number of people who don't shoot their rifle from one year to the next.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by inghamtr
Agreed,you still have to know how to hunt,scout and shoot or else be real lucky.You would be surprised at the number of people who don't shoot their rifle from one year to the next.
No surprise at all. I see them at the range one day before the season starts. They take a couple of shots, don't hit much, and call it good.

I'm sure they're lousy hunters too, and don't get a chance to shoot at anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.