Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My 100yd range this afternoon..... >

My 100yd range this afternoon.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My 100yd range this afternoon.....

Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
If this is true, it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!! How in the hell is a hunter supposed to know where the property lines are???

Now I know how they passed those stupid pot laws!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must all be stoned in Colorado.

Not really, you should have a pretty good idea who's property your on.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Not really, you should have a pretty good idea who's property your on.
...Deleted by CalHunter... But I lease a hunt property that the land owner isn't sure where his lines start and stop. Part of my lease is to mark the property lines and as of now I can't complete this task until the property owner has a survey done!

Maybe I should have you come on out to us here in Virginia an help us?!?! How 'bout it?

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-28-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Rules 2, 8, 12--Warning.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Michigan, the southern part of the state is broken up into many small parcels of acreage. There are still big farms, but many have been broken into small 5 to 10 acre plots. Mostly because the "yuppies" wanted out of the city and property values were very high at one time. Trespassing in MI is a thing landowners take pretty seriously, which is why many try to anchor a deer on the spot. Properties are "normally" marked on every tree with No Trespassing signs.
The State does not post its borders, except for most corners. However the landowners generally post private property surrounding it.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, in Va. we post property and we don't ticket hunters or citizens for wandering onto private land that is not clearly marked or posted.

. . .
Maybe you have a GPS stuck up your... But I lease a hunt property that the land owner isn't sure where his lines start and stop. Part of my lease is to mark the property lines and as of now I can't complete this task until the property owner has a survey done!

Maybe I should have you come on out to us here in Virginia an help us?!?! How 'bout it?
rafsob, you may need to double check the tresspass laws in VA. It IS illegal to hunt without permission on private land in VA, even if it is not posted. The only difference between posted and non-posted land in VA is that with posted land, you need written permission. Non-posted land still requires verbal permission. Yes, it is on you to know.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe you have a GPS stuck up your... But I lease a hunt property that the land owner isn't sure where his lines start and stop. Part of my lease is to mark the property lines and as of now I can't complete this task until the property owner has a survey done!

What is surrounding the private land you're leasing? If it's other private land then you should know where the boundaries are unless you know that land owner too.

Not exactly what I was talking about though. I was talking about hunters here in Colorado who are hunting on public land should know the boundaries of all the private land in the area they're hunting in.

Yes, you need to check maps, and if you see private land near the area you plan to hunt you better know where the private land boundaries are. If you plan to get close to it a GPS is a good thing to have. In my own case i'll mark my maps, and I try to stay a safe distance away. I don't know exactly where the lines are when i'm in the field, but i know about where they are, and don't even come close to them. I don't use a GPS, so I play it safe.

Going on private land, and saying you didn't know where the boundaries are will get you a ticket everytime if the land owner complains.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

If this is true, it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!! How in the hell is a hunter supposed to know where the property lines are???

Now I know how they passed those stupid pot laws!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must all be stoned in Colorado.

It is like that in several western states RASOB. Hunters must either know the boundaries, have maps, or one of the newer GPSs with property owner names listed.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry

Originally Posted by hubby11
rafsob, you may need to double check the tresspass laws in VA. It IS illegal to hunt without permission on private land in VA, even if it is not posted. The only difference between posted and non-posted land in VA is that with posted land, you need written permission. Non-posted land still requires verbal permission. Yes, it is on you to know.
Are you paying attention to the conversation??? We are talking about knowing what is private property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know about trespass laws in Va. I was a cop for 15 years here!!!!!

I don't have time to go into all the volumes of levels of the trespass laws on the books here now. Please lets get back to the subject of knowing or not knowing what is private LAND!!!!! JEEEEEZZZZ
Old 01-27-2015, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Actually, wasn't the original subject a humorous and light-hearted look at deer grazing on a backstop?

How many more days until hunting season...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

...Deleted by CalHunter... I'll do my best to follow the rules or have an idea were I'm aloud and not.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-28-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Rules 2, 8, 12--Warning.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

One of the biggest trespassers I have on my land is a deputy Sheriff. He clear sees the posted signs and was told he was not allowed. Financial called the sheriff and let him know that his deputies break the laws. Will see if that works if not going to call dnr and let them charge him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.