Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My 100yd range this afternoon..... >

My 100yd range this afternoon.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My 100yd range this afternoon.....

Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't point that finger at me. I already stated I don't do it. But there are a thousand of your-type hunting environments around, that do do-it and have gotten away with it for over 30 years.

I had a work associate who did his best hunting on November 14th, a day prior to rifle season here. Always showed us pictures of his harvests afterwards..... year after year.

I hate poachers .... especially braggarts. The guy I hunt with used to be in Vietnam. He's similar to Rambo in the movies. When we first hunted, I got him to stop hanging deer from trees. Yes, he would trap deer Vietnam-style and bending trees would capture them (supposedly), with Florida fishing water lines. That was private land back then and I stopped him from doing it immediately..... within days of my arrival. I never saw it done personally, but I take him at his word.

We hunt legal all the time. I only leave my left-over peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches in the woods.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 01-26-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Unbelievable! You would bait illegally, and then sue the DNR for tempting you?
Its a Michigan thing and I don't think he's serious. A single step forward, puts you into a different category when it comes to baiting. Some areas in the south I believe they can use a certain amount of bait. Cross a line by a step in the northern areas and the first offense can start at $500 to $1,000.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly Barnes. And someone needs to tell poster Muley that we (Michigan) have the sharpest lawsuit / malpractice lawyers in this country. Yes, the actual government agency that passed these laws can be sued for baiting the accused baiter.

There's even talk to sue the state of Michigan for baiting drunk drivers, by parking police vehicles nearby the bar. Years ago there were bars in residential neighborhoods / unzoned locations. Not anymore will they grant licenses to open a bar in my subdivsion, at a current ranch-type home next door to me.

That may change soon, for the government cannot force us to drive a car to a bar for a drink / socialize. A sharp lawyer would force the government to allow me to open a desired bar, in the tri-level home right next door to you or me, in an unzoned area that's currently outlawed.

That way the drunks can walk home, not be forced to drive. Many years ago, there were 220 bars in my two square miles of old/small town Hamtramck Michigan. We may see a ton of residential bars popping up soon in Clinton Township Mi.

BTW... I haven't had more than two beers in a bar in over 15 years. Not discussing myself here.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 01-26-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Colorado the land owners don't have to mark their property. It's up to the hunters to know where the boundaries are.

The same with your situation. It's up to the hunters to know the boundaries.

However, if you want to suggest that hunters who break the law should sue the DNR, because they were tempted. That just shows me who you are.

I don't really care, so i'm done with this foolishness.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

That first off is a great picture. Deer sometimes come on my shooting range as well. We just don't have many deer anymore. But I love to watch deer. I'd be happy just sitting there watching them. Nice range by the way.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Colorado the land owners don't have to mark their property. It's up to the hunters to know where the boundaries are.

However, if you want to suggest that hunters who break the law should sue the DNR, because they were tempted. That just shows me who you are.

How's Colorado with fines?

http://www.mlive.com/outdoors/index...._bucks_is.html

Michigan takes fines pretty seriously.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
That first off is a great picture. Deer sometimes come on my shooting range as well. We just don't have many deer anymore. But I love to watch deer. I'd be happy just sitting there watching them. Nice range by the way.
Thank you.

If the wife is gone, I move the bench back to the location that the photo was shot, which gives me 150yds.

I've been doing everything possible, to get the wife to let me doze another shooting lane, where I could get to 250yds. She gives me the "evil eye" about that and threatens to push me down and make me eat dirt!

The Ultimate and the muzzlebrake is a little loud......
Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
How's Colorado with fines?

http://www.mlive.com/outdoors/index...._bucks_is.html

Michigan takes fines pretty seriously.
Strict enough to send a cop to jail for poaching an elk. He was even on duty when he did it.

Trespass, and you will be fined.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh the temptation. I count 8 just teasing you.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Unbelievable! You would bait illegally, and then sue the DNR for tempting you?

Lighten up, Francis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.