Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What was your first?? >

What was your first??

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What was your first??

Old 01-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
I agree Muley... but to those of us that have owned T/C rifles since their inception, their fit and finish was second to none as far as mass produced muzzleloaders are concerned. Maybe that's why guy's like me own so many of them. Try and buy a NIB Cherokee or Seneca today and see what the asking price is.

BPS
I saw a big bore Renegade go for $830.00 on Gunbroker lately. That's nuts!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Spike

I have got a few cap lock Thompson Centers myself..Maybe Green Mountain will make a limited run of Hawkins,they been know to make a fine shooting gun from time to time.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I saw a big bore Renegade go for $830.00 on Gunbroker lately. That's nuts!
I call that the bigger fool theory,heres how it works..I will buy something at times to resale cause its rare or unique.And I know that if I hold onto it long enough I will make money cause I will run across a bigger fool than me,,and no I didn't buy the Big bore,,lol
Old 01-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by inghamtr
I call that the bigger fool theory,heres how it works..I will buy something at times to resale cause its rare or unique.And I know that if I hold onto it long enough I will make money cause I will run across a bigger fool than me,,and no I didn't buy the Big bore,,lol
Well... I agree and disagree. The problem is with me is that there's so few of the guns I buy intending to turn them around that I don't end up keeping. I could probably count on one hand the guns I've bought with the intention of making $$$ on that I actually sold and did so. I love guns... I have many I've bought and never fired. Between my wife and I we probably own close to seventy. I don't know, I haven't counted in awhile. But when I come across something rare or unique, I'm like you and I'll sit on it until the right FOOL comes along that wants/needs it worse than I do and then I make some serious money!!!

BPS
Old 01-27-2015, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

70?..... many unfired....OMG!
Holey-Moley Batman!!!!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

My first was a T/C Hawkins 50 cal percussion kit my brother got me for Christmas 1976. He belonged to a club that did a bunch of rowdy shoots and wanted me to join in with him and his friends. I never did join the club but shot several events they held thru a year. About 1989 or so I found the iron sights just didn't work with my getting old (43 yrs.) eyes so bought a T/C plains 50 cal rifle which was drilled and tapped for a scope.
I still have both yet today and shoot them often. I also have a pair of Remington 700's one a 50 and the other a 54.

I didn't start hunting deer with a Muzzle loader every year till the late 1980's.
Just got my first deer with my 50 cal Remington this last season.

Al
Old 02-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Spike

Mine was a dbbl 12 from imported from India. Bought it from a BP only gun shop in Wichita called 4 flags trading post back in 77 for $110. Small game beware! Fun gun to shoot. left barrel sends sparks from the cap down into your arm. I got some small tattooing there from that gun. (It takes #12 caps.)
Old 02-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Spike

I'll jump in. First muzzleloader was a Thompson Omega stainless with a gray and black laminated stock followed by another Omega a couple years ago. Why another? Happened to see it in stainless and walnut and had to have it. I have a Renegade .54 coming in the next couple days also.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

T/C Omega .50 caliber...had it for about 12 years. Shoots like a champ as long as I do my job. Two years ago I bought a Lyman Trade Rifle in .54 cal. Added a .50 cal barrel soon after.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

My first was a used T/C Hawken .50 caliber, back in a 1990. It was the beginning of owning many T/C percussion, and flint sidelocks, and inlines. I have recently been converted to CVA though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.