Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What was your first?? >

What was your first??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What was your first??

Old 01-26-2015, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

Mine was a 58cal Zouave. I'm surprise I'm still alive today as I had no one to show me how much powder to use. You would have thought at 21 I would have know better. Back then I saw people just pour powder down the bbls, two bullets at a time just to name a few. Luckily for me a friend of mine offered to buy it. Otherwise I probably would have blown myself up.

Years later I met a guy name Donald Wald who introduced me to White ML's. I shot and hunted with him a few times and I got hooked for life on ML's. Later I purchased the Lyman Deerstalker so I could take advantage of PA's late ML season.

Thanks Don hopefully we'll meet again someday in heaven and we'll make some smoke up there. Now I know where all the White Clouds come from. GRIN

Last edited by edmehlig; 01-26-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should consider also thanking the spirit responsible for finding the new owner of your former Zouave. Perhaps one of your passed-on parents or grandparents....... just sayin', for I am a real-life Spiritualist/Whisperer/Clairvoyant/Medium.

It seems everyday, upon rising from bed, I know-not which I will represent on that particular day.
Someone is watching over you Ed. You may even have 2-3.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

TC renegade 54 cal, still have it.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Spike

My first was a H&R Huntsman which I still own. Was lucky enough like Ed to later meet Don Wald and learned alot about MZ's. Bought a White Super 91 From Doc which I still hunt with.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was given my first as a Christmas gift in 1973, a T/C Hawken .50 percussion which I still own and love. I've kind of retired it to a special place of honor in the safe, but I still get it out and shoot it from time to time. I was introduced to muzzleloading by a friend I went to High school with who later went on to become President of the NMLRA. Thanks Jim!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 01-26-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

My first ML was my White G-Series .50 cal. Love it. Boy can this thing shoot.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thompson Center Hawken Caplock 50 cal

First inline, Marlin MLS-54.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
Thompson Center Hawken Caplock 50 cal
It's not surprising to see that so many of us started out with that rifle or it's plain Jane sister, the Renegade. It's sad to think that such icons of muzzleloading as these rifles were are no longer made.

I have my opinions concerning the matter, but we won't open that can of worms!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 01-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
It's not surprising to see that so many of us started out with that rifle or it's plain Jane sister, the Renegade. It's sad to think that such icons of muzzleloading as these rifles were are no longer made.

I have my opinions concerning the matter, but we won't open that can of worms!

BPS
If they still sold them the cost would be $1000 by now.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If they still sold them the cost would be $1000 by now.
I agree Muley... but to those of us that have owned T/C rifles since their inception, their fit and finish was second to none as far as mass produced muzzleloaders are concerned. Maybe that's why guy's like me own so many of them. Try and buy a NIB Cherokee or Seneca today and see what the asking price is.

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.