Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
lost a deer. what do you think? >

lost a deer. what do you think?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

lost a deer. what do you think?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

No surprise. You still don't get it.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Not only do I think she's dead but not too far away. That bone could be rib bone also. Deer are amazing creatures. Even mortally wounded I have seem them do some incredible distances before expiring. But I would start walking large circles out there if you find no fresh track.

I agree with this.....
Old 12-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
I agree with this.....

This is my point. Even if a thread goes off in another direction. The OP still gets his answers. Threads can have more than one topic.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
No surprise. You still don't get it.
LOL! Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be his strong suit even after I "splained" it to him Pete!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

All I can say Muley is that it is nice that you have found a little friend. Now I don't have to smear peanut butter on your face to get the local dog to lick your face and make you feel wanted.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rafsob
All I can say Muley is that it is nice that you have found a little friend. Now I don't have to smear peanut butter on your face to get the local dog to lick your face and make you feel wanted.

Dogs love me, but i'm guessing you have a good supply of peanut butter.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

And what is wrong with peanut butter??? just glad I'm not allergic to it. That would be like living in hell!!!

Merry Christmas you old goat!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same to you ball buster.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
mainjet........I'm curious about who made the ball? Normally, they don't break up like that.

As for finding the deer? All you can do is look for it during the hunt. If it takes too long the critters will have found her, and it doesn't matter if you find her or not. of course if she's alive, and not hurt that bad you'll never find her.

Sorry, for taking the thread in another direction, but it was related to the topic too. I see too many times someone saying everybody loses an animal. After awhile hunters come to expect it, and that's a wrong attitude to have. Someone will not find an animal right away, and just say to themselves..........Oh well, it happens to everybody, so no big deal. It's always a big deal.

I'm not pointing this at you, but to those who give up looking too fast.
Wrong.I recovered the ball from my first f/lock kill and saved it and it was just as mangled.It is a factory T/C ball.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Some cast their own and if they get air pockets in em their weight will vary.Mine did massive damage and I dug it out of the bone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.