Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Tell me about the TC Encore 209x50 magnum >

Tell me about the TC Encore 209x50 magnum

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tell me about the TC Encore 209x50 magnum

Old 12-19-2014, 03:18 AM
Spike

Default Tell me about the TC Encore 209x50 magnum

I'm being offered one of these, new in box, for another gun I have for sale. I can't find much info online about them.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 AM
Typical Buck

If you can't find much info on a TC Encore muzzleloader your Google-fu must not be up to par It's about a $400-$500 used muzzleloader depending on condition. Used frames alone go for $275-$300 depending if blued, stainless or Weather Shield.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:49 AM
Spike

I didn't just search for TC Encore Muzzleloader, I specified 209x50 Magnum. Very little came up. Were these sold as complete guns or pieced together?

edit: OK, thanks for the help. I've decided to decline the offer.

Last edited by bigmossy; 12-19-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Were these sold as complete guns or pieced together?
If it's new in box then it came with a muzzleloader barrel.

Encores came with muzzleloader rifle barrels or centerfire rifle barrels. Because the frame can use centerfire rifle barrels the muzzleloader gun is subject to a NICS check when sold by a dealer.

Later on TC made a dedicated muzzleloader on the Encore frame. The centerfire barrels will not fit this gun: No NICS check required.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are three types of Encore 50 cals. and the prices are different for all three. Some go for upwards of $900 new!! I had one and didn't like it! I wouldn't pay that any time, ever. But don't take my experiences to heart. Many people love them and swear by them. If it is a Pro Hunter the SMRP is $650. Check out:https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzz.../pro-hunter-fx

How much is your gun worth that he wants to trade for?

Falcon:

I didn't know there where muzzy only Encores??? Good to know if so, thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have two one is an Endeavor which is the same with a recoil system added and one I bought the parts for and put together with a Bergara 45 caliber barrel. With a minor bit of tuning and Bellm #3 trigger kit they are special the best of the change barrel guns.
Potential : you can pick up a pistol barrel and stock for it or any of the common deer rifle calibers and change over in 10 minutes once you are used to doing it. I have had most of the common muzzleloaders and prefer the Encore. If you get it and intend to use it and have any questions PM me.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't know there where muzzy only Encores???
Although it's on an Encore frame they don't call it an Encore. It's called the TC Pro Hunter FX.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzl.../pro-hunter-fx
Old 12-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by falcon
Although it's on an Encore frame they don't call it an Encore. It's called the TC Pro Hunter FX.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzl.../pro-hunter-fx
Not really. My Encore 50 cal is 15 years old and it is a real live Encore. Things may be different now days though.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not really.
Read my post in context.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great rifle and the easiest muzzleloader frame made to modify if the shooter prefers. I've owned Encores since they hit the market. The breech plugs need NO MODIFICATIONS to shoot BH209. Every single rifle I owned or worked on, would shoot less than MOA @ 100yds if the shooter themselves could manage it. In other words, the rifles all shot better than the shooter could shoot them. There's a few well known modifications that for about $35, they'll make it feel like a different rifle.

For the trade........... it all depends on what you have to trade and its worth. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.