Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
45 Knight Super Disc and 200grn Bloodline >

45 Knight Super Disc and 200grn Bloodline

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

45 Knight Super Disc and 200grn Bloodline

Old 12-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. Great bullet.

I see Cabela's Canada has the 275 gr bloodlines on sale again.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by johnnyo
Nice buck. Great bullet.

I see Cabela's Canada has the 275 gr bloodlines on sale again.
Just my opinion but I think the 458x275 is the best all around bullet going... but, I am including elk
Old 12-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Just my opinion but I think the 458x275 is the best all around bullet going... but, I am including elk
Of the bullets currently being sold I agree. But definitely not needed for Deer but I know what you mean. But I think the 230grn Lehigh/Bloodline/Prototype is the best all around muzzleloader bullet atleast for me. The problem is I can't even use it on Elk in Colorado because it only works in the 1/20 twist 45's. I never did or don't remember trying it in the 50cal Ultralite.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Of the bullets currently being sold I agree. But definitely not needed for Deer but I know what you mean. But I think the 230grn Lehigh/Bloodline/Prototype is the best all around muzzleloader bullet atleast for me. The problem is I can't even use it on Elk in Colorado because it only works in the 1/20 twist 45's. I never did or don't remember trying it in the 50cal Ultralite.

There are many states you can not use it on elk. Most states out west have a minimum of .429 for bullet diameter and of course the 50 cal. minimum.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

congrats on the buck what area do hunt in pa i used to live in avonmore & hunt in maysville area one of these days i would like to return to the area & hunt with my family again i bought some bloodlines in 50 & 250 grain bullet but seems real hard to load in a t/c triumph getting ready here in ohio for state wide muzzy season jan 2 thru the 5th of jan i think the 1st day is going to be lonely in the woods odnr thinking everybody is getting off a extra day for new years
but they need to work that day for holiday pay we''ll see
Old 12-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
congrats on the buck what area do hunt in pa i used to live in avonmore & hunt in maysville area one of these days i would like to return to the area & hunt with my family again i bought some bloodlines in 50 & 250 grain bullet but seems real hard to load in a t/c triumph getting ready here in ohio for state wide muzzy season jan 2 thru the 5th of jan i think the 1st day is going to be lonely in the woods odnr thinking everybody is getting off a extra day for new years
but they need to work that day for holiday pay we''ll see
I hunt in 2B and 2D. Try the harvester short black sabot for bullets 300grn and less. I love the T/C Triumph. Run about 50 strokes of JB'S bore paste down the barrel. You won't believe the difference it makes.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

thanks will give that a try