Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Better than a range report >

Better than a range report

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Better than a range report

Old 12-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnnyo
Bullet entry was mid way up, catching part of the shoulder, just above the heart. Heart arteries blown off. Lungs tore up, bullet petal paths through the lungs. Entrance and exit about the same size. Deer went about 40 yards, dead on its feet.

Internal damage looked similar to a rifle hit. Never seen this with other muzzy bullets I've shot.
Good deal. They are interestingly designed bullets for sure. I just wish they were a little less expensive. Between cost and shipping from Knight, I'd have to raid the retirement to get a good supply. LOL
Old 12-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Good deal. They are interestingly designed bullets for sure. I just wish they were a little less expensive. Between cost and shipping from Knight, I'd have to raid the retirement to get a good supply. LOL
I purchased 100 of them for a $1.00 each, from Cablea's, when I bought the Extreme. Heck I pay about $2.00 a pop for Barnes here. I just practice with less expensive bullets.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnnyo
I purchased 100 of them for a $1.00 each, from Cablea's, when I bought the Extreme. Heck I pay about $2.00 a pop for Barnes here. I just practice with less expensive bullets.
I was lucky and picked up 100 of the 185 grain "Bloodlines" back when Lehigh sold them directly. I think I paid about $40 for 100, several years ago. They are a great bullet.

Nice harvest! That is a nice looking buck, glad you could connect.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by oldsmellhound
I was lucky and picked up 100 of the 185 grain "Bloodlines" back when Lehigh sold them directly. I think I paid about $40 for 100, several years ago. They are a great bullet.
Yes you were. $40 will get you 24 of those now.
To my knowledge, the only place you can get them now is Knight.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer. Love hunting in the snow. Amazing how you can see the trails that the deer leave. Helps with understanding how your property is set up with your deer population.

Love it!!!