HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   why do you hunt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/396088-why-do-you-hunt.html)

SuperKirby 12-02-2014 08:11 AM

why do you hunt?

Two parts to this:
1) why do you hunt? And
2) why do you hunt with a muzzleloader, especially if you hunt exclusively with one?

mn trucker 12-02-2014 08:59 AM

It gets me out of the house . I prefer venison over beef
Less people in the woods.

Triple Se7en 12-02-2014 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SuperKirby (Post 4173013)
Two parts to this:
1) why do you hunt? And
2) why do you hunt with a muzzleloader, especially if you hunt exclusively with one?

1) I dislike venison and donate the meat.
2) I hunt with a centerfire during rifle season and Muzzleloader during blackpowder season.

Semisane 12-02-2014 10:12 AM

I hunt because I must. I guess it's a DNA thing, like looking at cleavage.

I hunt with muzzleloaders because I find them more pleasing than other options, just as some cleavage is more pleasing than others.

TNHagies 12-02-2014 10:29 AM

Two parts to this:
1) why do you hunt?

1- I started hunting because it is a way a life where I grew up. I continue to hunt because it's the greatest escape from the every day pressure I face in the corporate environment. No other activity gives me the degree of solitude and peace.

2- I gave up centerfires about 15 years ago. For me, it was due to the lack of challenge. I reloaded for years but that really just delayed my venture into muzzleloading full time. There's just something about making that one shot count and knowing that you have more limited range and flexibility vs a centerfire.

BarnesAddict 12-02-2014 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 4173035)
I hunt because I must. I guess it's a DNA thing, like looking at cleavage.

I hunt with muzzleloaders because I find them more pleasing than other options, just as some cleavage is more pleasing than others.

You'd have to be out of your mind to try and follow that answer

Gm54-120 12-02-2014 01:03 PM

I like venison and i only need one shot. Availability of brass is one less thing to concern me.

Johnmorris 12-02-2014 01:40 PM

I hunted because of family tradition. I also loved it. Why I can't
All my hunting Land is gone and my hunting Partners are to crippled to go as am I

BuckDoeHunter 12-02-2014 02:28 PM

Cheaper than drinking and smoking....

Someday I'll give up both of those....

a1smokepole 12-02-2014 03:02 PM

It was a way of life were I grow up no work just hunt.
I like the challenge of one shoot and I just like being in the woods its so peaceful even if I don't shoot a deer. what age is your second child hood.