Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

why do you hunt?

Old 12-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt because I like deer meat and I also donate to Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I dispise people who buy a bunch of doe tags in PA with no intention of filling them
Old 12-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt because it is my nature to be a hunter, enough said!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with bps, deer are regulated by the state if 1000 deer are tagged and given away to the homeless that's 1000 less tags for people who want them to get. say your in a state that you can take 3 deer and the deer to the homeless break the cap and the next year you can only take 2....that be a kick in the pants lol.....its the same with fish it don't make since to give away a regulated animal......its not about if you a good person or not
Old 12-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt because its exciting when i see a deer in the treestand i get all pumped up lol blackpowder because its a challenge
Old 12-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
I hunt because I like deer meat and I also donate to Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I dispise people who buy a bunch of doe tags in PA with no intention of filling them
FYI... I apply for 2 doe tags each for my wife and I. I used to get 3 for myself, not because I have any intention of filling those tags but because when PA instituted their management program, they broke the county where I live into three units, whereas I used to be able to hunt my entire county wherever I chose to fill my doe tag. Now the same areas I traditionally hunted are under different management units and I have to have a doe tag for each if I choose to hunt there.

Not to mention that for every tag I buy, that's one less for the flatlanders....so despise that!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 12-03-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

For the record, Black powdersmoke I agree with you. Killing game just to give it away has not a thing to do with hunting, but rather looking for an excuse to kill.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
FYI... I apply for 2 doe tags each for my wife and I. I used to get 3 for myself, not because I have any intention of filling those tags but because when PA instituted their management program, they broke the county where I live into three units, whereas I used to be able to hunt my entire county wherever I chose to fill my doe tag. Now the same areas I traditionally hunted are under different management units and I have to have a doe tag for each if I choose to hunt there.

Not to mention that for every tag I buy, that's one less for the flatlanders....so despise that!

BPS

That's funny. Someone from PA calling someone else a flatlander.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
My wife and I usually have 6-8 deer tags between us and we kill 2, maybe 3 deer a season because we never take more than we can use over a year's time.
BPS
Try to remember what you wrote.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
For the record, Black powdersmoke I agree with you. Killing game just to give it away has not a thing to do with hunting, but rather looking for an excuse to kill.
I think you should have begun your 2nd sentence with the following two words...... "Concerning some,"

Certainly not all of us. I love to help feed the homeless, abandoned......etc....etc.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone buys a license and a tag they have every right to do as they choose with the meat. I myself just hope it's not wasted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.