Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Black powder scope!! >

Black powder scope!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black powder scope!!

Old 11-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn 1.4 to 4.5 32MM on a bolt 30-06. It has not had a lot of hard use but I am very happy with it. Low cost and a wide field of view, so far it has been very accurate.

I have a Redfield Revenge Accu-Ranger Sabot ML 3 to 9 42MM on a CVA Optima. I have not used it much either but it seems to be a very good scope for the money. Midwayusa was selling them for under $100 with free shipping awhile back. If this scope goes wrong you send it to the Leupold folks who own the company. It also has been very accurate.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Spike

What's weak about it? I called them and they said they would make it right. After i paid shipping both ways they did not! It says Bushnell Banner on it and they admitted it had a problem.
This was after they had the scope 4 months with no confirmation of receipt and/or communication.
Good luck to you if you if you ever have a warranty or factory service problem.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stude 283
What's weak about it? I called them and they said they would make it right. After i paid shipping both ways they did not! It says Bushnell Banner on it and they admitted it had a problem.
This was after they had the scope 4 months with no confirmation of receipt and/or communication.
Good luck to you if you if you ever have a warranty or factory service problem.
Because you had one bad experience with one of their cheaper scopes. They didn't ignore you. They offered you something. You asked everybody to not buy Bushnell, because of your one experience when I see a lot more happy customers with Bushnells. Me being one of them.

All scopes can have a problem. Even if you payed $3000 for it.

btw Changing POI when you change power is normal for cheap scopes. Which is why on a BDC scope they tell you to sight in, and use the highest power with a BDC reticle.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 11-09-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Spike

That's Funny!
I have at least 8 lower priced variable scopes including 3 cabelas powderhorn scopes $49 that do not change point of impact when changing power.
Maybe it is normal for a Bushnell, since I only have 1.
How about anyone else, does this seem normal to you?
Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have three 'elChepo variables, a Tasco 3x9, a Simmons 4x16, and a Powderhorn 3x10. None of them change POI with a power change.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

btw Changing POI when you change power is normal for cheap scopes. Which is why on a BDC scope they tell you to sight in, and use the highest power with a BDC reticle.[/QUOTE]

Never herd of scopes changing POI when changing power, cheap scope or not.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to give links that break the rules here, but it's the only way to prove my point.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Lots more, but this should be enough.

Edit Note--If you google search some of the scope manufacturers, you can see that some (Leupold comes to mind) state that POI does not shift with changing a scope's power for successive shots (review their scope reference sections). This is one of those subjects that hunters and shooters disagree on sometimes although other factors (loose mounts, cheaply made scope, etc.) can also influence whether POI shifts with magnification change or not. While the links to competitors violates HNI's rules, Muley's point is still valid.
CalHunter

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-09-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Rule # 10--Link to direct competitor.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

A Bushnell Trophy XLT is not even in the same league as a Leupold VX2. I own both.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've owned both too. Just your opinion.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Yes it is my opinion. I dont need to list links to different forums to make a point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.