HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Backyard deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/393674-backyard-deer.html)

flounder33 08-13-2014 08:43 AM

Backyard deer

Mostly I just get does and fawns coming into my yard. This mama and babies have really raised hell with the garden this year.

Sunday morning I looked out my bedroom window just as I was about to get up and saw these young and upcoming fellas back der.

cayugad 08-13-2014 02:17 PM

The deer herd was 40% wiped out I was told with last years harsh winter. The deep snow and bitter bitter cold just cleaned out the old and weak. For a herd already diminished because of poor management, it was kind of the final now. I have seen one doe in the yard all year. In past years 10-15 was much more common. But it is always nice to see deer around the house.

Johnmorris 08-14-2014 06:42 AM

Yes Dave our Wisconsin deer hunting is going back to the 1970 when we got 1 buck and no does. The good old days of the 1990's are over.

muzzleloader1 08-14-2014 03:08 PM

Some nice young bucks! Looks like you're going all protein in the garden this year!

VT Outfitter 08-14-2014 05:09 PM

Awesome pics. Whitetail are such beautiful looking creatures. Plus, its hard to find a better tasting wild game in my neck of the woods. Beef is overrated.

deer655 08-15-2014 02:33 PM

I have does in my yard every night. Thank goodness they dont care a hoot for tomato plants. When I was feeding them years ago my daughter's small dog would walk right thru them and go do his business. Those bucks have good starter racks on them. I have an office at BBT in Charlotte. After i parked there this morning I watched a fawn play like a crazy puppy for over 20 minutes. Great way to start a day at work.

bronko22000 08-15-2014 05:17 PM

i could set up a tree stand in one of those trees in the backyard and stick one with an arrow for you! Half of that 8 point would fit nicely in my freezer and the other half in yours!

VTBoneCollector 08-15-2014 05:30 PM

Love watching deer from the house.

cayugad 08-15-2014 06:02 PM

I agree VTBone... the reason I left the city for a country home was so I could sit at my kitchen table and watch different animals. I have had the pleasure of watching deer, bear, grouse, squirrel, even a rabbit or two. Its kind of funny, one year I got so tuned into the different deer that when I saw one of them out in the woods on stand, I did not have the heart to shoot it.

rafsob 08-17-2014 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 4153602)
The deer herd was 40% wiped out I was told with last years harsh winter. The deep snow and bitter bitter cold just cleaned out the old and weak. For a herd already diminished because of poor management, it was kind of the final now. I have seen one doe in the yard all year. In past years 10-15 was much more common. But it is always nice to see deer around the house.

Don't you guys any associations in you state that can put the hammer on these idiot bureaucrats??? If not you guys up there need to get organized and get rid of these clowns! If not it will stay as is for quite a few years!!! Sorry for you condition there.