Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LHR Redemption

Old 06-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default LHR Redemption

After a lot of research I just ordered a new 50 cal LHR Redemption, with their optional loose powder breechplug for BH209 use. Would appreciate any load suggestions, bullet choices, sabots, tips on rifle, problems etc. This will be my first break action gun after shooting Knights for years so I'll be interested to see how I'll like it. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on the new rifle. It might be you teaching us about what that rifle likes. I will be interested in the range reports.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

The LHR Redemption is a really nice rifle. Let us know how it shoots.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

100 grains of 777 FFG, with a T/C 250 grain Shockwave was very accurate in my LHR Redemption. I do not have any BH209, so can't help you there.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with it. I hope you like it. I had the one that I picked up when they first came out. Unfortunately due to some medical bills I had to sell it before I ever had a chance to shoot it. Sure seemed like it had potential though. It will be good to see your range reports.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

New Redemption was delivered yesterday and installed a Nikon Gold Monarch-1,5 to 6 42 mm and 30mm tube today. If the rain stops I'll take it to range this weekend. Very impressed with workmanship and a few innovations. It's all American made. Since I use BH 209 I got the optional loose powder breech plug. Unlike other MZ's the breech plug is held in place by a Collar that screws on threads on the outside of the barrel. The tool that you use to unscrew the collar also can be attached to the end of the ramrod as a palm protector. Trigger breaks clean at 3lb. I plan to start with 100 gr. by volume of BH 209, a Federal 209A primer and Hornady's 300Gr SST with their 3 pedal EZ Load Sabot. If someone will give my computer challenged brain, instructions on how to upload pictures I'll take pictures of the targets and post them.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pooldoc
New Redemption was delivered yesterday and installed a Nikon Gold Monarch-1,5 to 6 42 mm and 30mm tube today. If the rain stops I'll take it to range this weekend. Very impressed with workmanship and a few innovations. It's all American made. Since I use BH 209 I got the optional loose powder breech plug. Unlike other MZ's the breech plug is held in place by a Collar that screws on threads on the outside of the barrel. The tool that you use to unscrew the collar also can be attached to the end of the ramrod as a palm protector. Trigger breaks clean at 3lb. I plan to start with 100 gr. by volume of BH 209, a Federal 209A primer and Hornady's 300Gr SST with their 3 pedal EZ Load Sabot. If someone will give my computer challenged brain, instructions on how to upload pictures I'll take pictures of the targets and post them.
Congrats on the new gun. If you're pleased with the workmanship, that's 90% of it. I'm confident you can find a load which will shoot.

There should be a post somewhere about photos. What I do is load them into Photobucket ( free account ) and the edit the size to 480 X 640. ( important to make them smaller to post ). Once edited and saved, you click the image button / link on the right side of the Photobucket screen. This automatically copies them and you can past the right into a post.

Probably other ways but thats how I do it.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I'll give that a try after I finish at the range.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

First time on the range Sunday with new Redemption. Started with 100 GR. BH 209,300 gr Hornaday SST, Harvester black Crush rib sabot and Federal 209 A primer. No problems with ignition, Took 6 shots to get it on target at 2" high at 100 yds. Since it was 98 degrees and 90% humidity I decided to leave a 3 shot group until a later date. Gun was flawless. I did have to use a de-capper to remove the primers. Trigger broke clean at 3.5 lbs. and I have to get used to that, since the company(for obvious liability issues) won't readjust it to the 2 1/2 lbs setting on my other rifles. Clean up was a snap, I look forward to some range work when we get a break in the heat
Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

I just ordered the Redemption, but I did not see any option for the loose powder breach plug. I intend to shoot BH209. Do I need a different breach plug? If so, where do I find one.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.