Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New ML on the way

Old 06-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default New ML on the way

Hey fella's, I know that it's been a while since I logged in and started a conversation but now I have a reason to do so. My old CVA Optima Pro has been giving me a fit so I thought about all of the muzzle loaders that I have owned in the past that shot really well but I got rid of it for 1 reason or another. The gun that came to mind was a Knight Disk Extreme (I think that was the name of it).

Anyhow, I was looking at guns a while back when I ran across the Knight Ultra Lite. I fell in love with the looks of the gun and the fact that the gun weighs in at only 6 pounds was about all I needed to go ahead and order one. The gun that I ordered is not the western version and that it is the 209 version. I absolutely love the green kevlar stock and stainless barrel!!!!

This will probably be the last Muzzle loader that I will ever have to buy! So, what do you guys think about this gun?
Old 06-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it won't be the last muzzleloader you ever buy.

You don't look old enough.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

You mean to tell me that no one has an opinion on this muzzle loader????????
Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have not personally shot one. I have handled them in a store and was very impressed.

I'm a big fan of the Knight platform and like the Disc line. No doubt, it will shoot well with the Green Mountain barrel. The Kevlar stock allows function with less weight.

I believe the Ultralite has the bare primer holder as a standard feature. I suggest you try the Winchester 209 primers as they are the longest and will provide the best seal to prevent blowback in the breech. I also suggest BH 209 but all powders will shoot well with the proper swabbing between shots.

Enjoy the new rifle. It will last a lifetime with proper care and cleaning.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
You mean to tell me that no one has an opinion on this muzzle loader????????
There's not a muzzleloader on the market today that even compares to it. You got the best of the best!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

In your opinion.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
In your opinion.
Just plain facts on this one. The least experienced Inline Muzzleloader shooter could easily see this. But the best isn't always better for everyone. That's why there are many other choices.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's still an opinion, and not a fact.

What if someone wants a break open action, and hates bolt action?

What if someone like traditional muzzleloaders?

There is no one best muzzleloader. Just buy the one you like the most.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Hey fella's, I know that it's been a while since I logged in and started a conversation but now I have a reason to do so. My old CVA Optima Pro has been giving me a fit so I thought about all of the muzzle loaders that I have owned in the past that shot really well but I got rid of it for 1 reason or another. The gun that came to mind was a Knight Disk Extreme (I think that was the name of it).

Anyhow, I was looking at guns a while back when I ran across the Knight Ultra Lite. I fell in love with the looks of the gun and the fact that the gun weighs in at only 6 pounds was about all I needed to go ahead and order one. The gun that I ordered is not the western version and that it is the 209 version. I absolutely love the green kevlar stock and stainless barrel!!!!

This will probably be the last Muzzle loader that I will ever have to buy! So, what do you guys think about this gun?
1-I suggest that you only use Warne Steel Bases and rings.
2-I also suggest you use a long eye relief scope. Like a Leupold Ultimate Slam or a Nikon Omega.
3-It might take you a little time getting used to shooting such a light ML on the bench. Its obviously gonna move around pretty easy versus a 9 or 10# muzzleloader.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Search the archives. Pretty sure Sabotloader among others has had good things to say about his.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.