Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
knight tk 2000 12 ga loads >

knight tk 2000 12 ga loads

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight tk 2000 12 ga loads

Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default knight tk 2000 12 ga loads

Have any suggestions.icked up a knight at an estate sale shooting two ounces number 6 shot In a BP wad with a .740 shot card and 90 grains of triple 7. the pattern seems to be a bit open and going up in powder doesn't seem to help. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:17 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Go down in powder and or also use a shot cup.
One thing that works for me is equal powder to equal shot. That usually is my starting point. From there I go up and down.

Just got some ITX shot in I need to play with.

or here is some Knight info......I am always tinkering with my shotties

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forum...p/t-33075.html

And others will chyme in also.......
JW

Last edited by JW; 03-29-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Spike

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out
Old 04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I use the same shotgun. I shoot a 3-1/4 inch plastic shot cup by the way.

I use 80 grains of American Pioneer Powder or Jim Shockey Gold powder. After dumping that I push an empty plastic shot cup all the way down onto the powder charge. Then I measure out in a new plastic shot cup to the top, #6 shot. I sometimes also use a mixed shot. Dump that down the barrel to fill the empty plastic shot cup that is sitting on the powder. Next I have cardboard 12 gauge over the shot card and I push that on top of the shot.

That is my turkey load. It kicks like a mule. But it is effective to 40 yards I would guess but I never had to shoot a turkey that far. But one afternoon I was rolliing a steel bean can around the yard at that distance with ease.

When I hunt grouse.. less powder, 65 grains of the same powder. Then a white plastic 2-1/2 shot cup. The same shot. And the same card. Recoil is much better and it will flatten a grouse or squirrel.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:17 AM
Spike

Default tk load

I shoot goex true blk powder in mine,100grns,3inch bpi turkey ranger wad,bpi spiracal buffer scoop and a half,mix full cup hevi-shot 6's and buffer in a small plastic go cup like you get fry sauce in.i put 12 guage card board wad over my powder before my shot cup.then shot,shot cover wad,hope this helps.larry
Old 06-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Spike

90 grains of T7 then place your shot cup down the barrel. Pour your shot down the barrel then place your overshot wad on top of your shot, then go to work
Old 03-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Spike

Do any of you TK2000 shooters feel it makes any difference what the overshot card material is......cardboard, felt, foam, etc??
Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I like the foam because they are easier to load. I also use cardboard. Felt I always wonder if it turned in the barrel.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a TK-2000 when they first came out. Checked with Knight when T-7 powder became available and they told me the gun would be safe with a maximum 120gr charge.
I used the Knight shot cups:

I dropped a 120gr charge of T-7, rammed a shot cup on top of that, dipped another cup full of shot (for a measure) and poured that down the barrel, then seated a 12ga cardboard over shot wad.
Touched it off and quickly decided a reduced powder charge would probably provide better results.

I would consider 100gr of T-7 a much better load for good patterns.

To be painfully honest, that TK-2000 just didn't fit me. I found it painful to shoot (also find some Knight rifles punish my shoulder, too), and when a friend wanted one I gave him a good deal on it.

My T/C New Englander 12ga will do the job a lot more comfortably.