HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Pietta Army/Navy Revolvers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/389474-pietta-army-navy-revolvers.html)

SuperKirby 02-05-2014 04:49 AM

Pietta Army/Navy Revolvers

What are these worth, or does anyone have any interest in them?

A guy I work with got one of each, some powder, a few hundred caps and balls as part of a trade. He has no interest in anything muzzleloader related and is trying to get rid of them. I can probably get them pretty cheap. What would be a good deal for them?

Better yet, does anyone here want them? If someone does I'll pick them up and send them along for the cost of shipping.

cayugad 02-05-2014 06:52 AM

The New Army sells for around $245.00 right now. But that is new. When I was asked if I wanted to sell my 1858 New Army Remington Target Model I asked $175.00 only because I too had lots of extras to go with it.

I have had excellent luck with my Army target model. A real good shooter. And just a lot of fun to shoot. But I have heard "stories" if the Pietta cylinders being off lined and spraying lead back at the shooter. And I am sure this could happen.

The value of it is what you think you want to pay and how bad you want it. I am sure if he owned it a long time, he probably paid around $129.00 - $159.00 new for it. With lots of extras, if you could get it cheap, it sounds like a good deal. Bit not seeing the revolver, it would be impossible to say... X dollars. They are a lot of fun to shoot. And there are ways to clean them that really speeds up the process.

Bugflipper 02-05-2014 03:33 PM

Heck I'll offer 200 to him and pay you 50 for your shipping and messing with it if you want to pass it along. A total of 250. I don't really know what they sell for used, but I bought a pietta army on sale at cabelas for $175 2 months ago. Can't remember the non sale price but it was over 200 I think. In my mind 1/2 price for used, but don't know.

SuperKirby 02-06-2014 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bugflipper (Post 4120705)
Heck I'll offer 200 to him and pay you 50 for your shipping and messing with it if you want to pass it along. A total of 250. I don't really know what they sell for used, but I bought a pietta army on sale at cabelas for $175 2 months ago. Can't remember the non sale price but it was over 200 I think. In my mind 1/2 price for used, but don't know.

I'll try. I don't think he'll go that low but it never hurts to ask. I think he was hoping for 250-300 for the pair but we'll find out.
The more I think about it the more I think I don't have much interest so I'll pass on them. I'll let you know what he says. I won't see him for a couple days.

Blackpowdersmoke 02-06-2014 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bugflipper (Post 4120705)

Bugflipper,

If I were you, I would least like to see some decent close up photos of these revolvers before jumping on them. Not everyone takes care of black powder firearms as they should. Look at the bore, the cylinders, the nipple seats (and nipples), and overall outward appearance of the guns. The old rule of thumb is "If they didn't take care of the outside, they didn't take care of the inside" but it's totally your call and your money. Hope they're clean guns, they are fun to shoot.

BPS