Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Pistol!!!

Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking New Pistol!!!

Found this at the last gun Club Swap Meet:

Nothing fancy, but it is just a fun gun. She is a 45 cal.

Haven't shot it yet, but will take it out when I take the Seneca to the range. but it would be nice if it wasn't in the teens, temp wise!!!!! I must have some heat!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a nice looking horse pistol there. I had one many years ago, made by Jukar.

It is cold and snowing here also. We only got about six inches last night/today, but more is on the way. I was watching the news and was amazed at how cold it was in the southern states for a change.

I will keep an eye for your first range report.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by cayugad
That is a nice looking horse pistol there. I had one many years ago, made by Jukar.

It is cold and snowing here also. We only got about six inches last night/today, but more is on the way. I was watching the news and was amazed at how cold it was in the southern states for a change.

I will keep an eye for your first range report.
Actually it is a Jukar also. Made in Spain. Do you remember the powder loads you used? Off the top of my head I was think between 18 to 22 grains of Goex ff. I had it apart and it looks good with barrel and lock. The barrel was a home project browning and it didn't come out top great. I may try to fix that if it is a shooter.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! I thought it looked familiar when I first looked at it. I have one of those with a silver ( I guess to be nickle) barrel.
I'm not sure about loads for it though.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple of targets I shot with mine at 10 yards using 25 grains fff Goex. Notice the note on the point of aim.

Last edited by pluckit; 01-25-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad for an ancient technology! Like I said it will be a fun gun to shoot along with my Seneca .45 cal.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

pluckit,

That grouping isn't bad. If you experiment with a taller (higher) front sight, you'll probably get it to where you wouldn't have to hold so low. The windage is pretty good as well, a little tap to the right on that rear sight would bring that in. Here's something to try... Take a small piece of electrical tape and fix it to the front sight folding it at the rear of the sight so it will look like a much taller sight. You have to just by guess and by gosh it at first. Take several shots being careful not to knock the piece of tape off. If you're still hitting high, try a higher piece of tape. If your hitting low, trim the tape a wee bit shorter and try again. Once you get it hitting where you like it, just measure the height of the piece of tape you have on there and order a front sight of that height or a little higher (which will give you some leeway for file adjustment) from TOW or any good traditional firearm builder's site.

BPS
Old 01-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Not bad for an ancient technology! Like I said it will be a fun gun to shoot along with my Seneca .45 cal.
rafsob,

How did you make out with that crack in the Seneca's stock? Were you able to get it closed back up? Hope so...you'll enjoy shooting that lil' feller! Just keep the charges on the light side, no need to punish it. You can also try the tape trick that I mentioned earlier if you need to determine what that "hog leg" you just bought needs to put em' on the money!...

BPS
Old 01-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey BPS, great idea on the tape. Never thought of that or heard of it. Great idea as to getting the right height measurement. I have done some work on N-SSA guns and new sights. Don't know why one of the guys didn't think of that trick before.

Didn't work on the stock yet, but know it should work. I'm basically a cheap guy and really want it to work so I don't have to go out and find a replacement stock. I just know it would cost me a bundle to replace!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to shoot 20 grains of Pyrodex P. The person I had purchased it from had over powdered it and broke the pin/stock. So he had it held together with a hose clamp. I got it cheap. Shot it quite a lot. Then there was a friend of mine was just fascinated with it, and wanted to fix the pin structure. He was a very good friend who did a lot for me, so one Christmas I passed it along to him. He fixed it and hung it on a wall in his den.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.