Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shooting the Redemption with SeeAll sight >

Shooting the Redemption with SeeAll sight

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting the Redemption with SeeAll sight

Old 12-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Like I always said, that long range environment is total different from what I hunt. Although I will admit that if I hunt southern Wisconsin there are some huge cornfields. And when I hunted them I used a 7mm mag.

Now I understand your challenge with open sights in that country. For me, I would have to be 100 yards or closer. But I have seen some of the distances you shoot. All I can say is ... good luck, shoot true.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man 1874, you got your work cut out for you there don't you. Of course if they come where you want you should be gtg. Good luck and don't freeze!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:59 AM
1874sharpsshooter

I decided to hunt in the afternoon so for the morning I decided to try the XS Peep sight and see how it compared to the SeeAll.
I put the XS on my fast twist knight
Loaded some tubes of Blackhorn and took a dozen 260gr Dead centers to sight the XS in with

The XS fit better on the knight than the SeeAll .
I sighted in at 25 then moved to 50 and finally 100
Groups were good for me and open sights . About 3" at a 100 yards
I was shooting 84gr by weight (120 by volume)
The knight has a Lehigh breech plug and ignition was instantaneous at -6 temperature. It was 9 below when I got stuff together but I figured I would wait for it to warm up
I sighted in about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 which should give me a 160 zero and a PBR of 180 to 190.
Velocity should be around 2035
After that I decided to eat and go back hunting
This time I picked a spot further north where they come across a pasture into the sunflowers before heading to the millet .
There are some dips and little hills and I think I can catch one coming over the hill . I will let you know .i am sitting here now watching and waiting

Old 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Good luck out there and great pics!

JW
Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I decided to hunt in the afternoon so for the morning I decided to try the XS Peep sight and see how it compared to the SeeAll.
I put the XS on my fast twist knight
Loaded some tubes of Blackhorn and took a dozen 260gr Dead centers to sight the XS in with

The XS fit better on the knight than the SeeAll .
I sighted in at 25 then moved to 50 and finally 100
Groups were good for me and open sights . About 3" at a 100 yards
I was shooting 84gr by weight (120 by volume)
The knight has a Lehigh breech plug and ignition was instantaneous at -6 temperature. It was 9 below when I got stuff together but I figured I would wait for it to warm up
I sighted in about 2 1/2 inches high at 100 which should give me a 160 zero and a PBR of 180 to 190.
Velocity should be around 2035
After that I decided to eat and go back hunting
This time I picked a spot further north where they come across a pasture into the sunflowers before heading to the millet .
There are some dips and little hills and I think I can catch one coming over the hill . I will let you know .i am sitting here now watching and waiting
The Xs as designed is a great little back up site. I've seen it used it several times as a back up site and as a scout concept as the back up sit to the scout scope on scout rifles. It is however not really designed as the most rugged sight and not really intended to be used as a main sight. However it can be used as such.

I cannot think of a better item to have in your day pack to have in the event of a scope failure in the fIeld. Other than a second scope zeroed in With detachable rings that is or dedicated iron sights as a back up.

Last edited by edwardCVAmason; 12-23-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
Thick woods are where the Ewoks live.
Do you guys down there have an open season on them Ewok's???