Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Honesty question

Old 12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TNHagies
I suppose it has to do with the area as well. The reason I have confidence I would have been ok is because I've seen it personally. A few years ago a buddy of mine killed a bear and while they were back at the truck dropping off their packs and such, the Warden stopped by and offered to help drag. So he walked back in with them to help drag it out. Upon getting back to the truck he got a call and had to leave. As he was getting in his truck he said "Don't forget to tag that thing." He knew my buddy was excited and wasn't doing anything illegal intentionally.

I'm grateful for people using common sense. Too many kids being suspended from schools these days for making "pow" sounds and having shirts with guns on them.
Here in Colorado you don't need to tag the animal until it's all back in camp/truck. You need to detach, and fill out the tag, but you can keep it in your pocket until you have it all out. It makes it easier for the warden if you get stopped along the way.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Dave, you clearly stated breaking a game law. Would not the same moral standards apply for all laws. If you were going down the road and looked down and you happened to be going 65 in a 55 you tell the local sheriff about it. If you helped a guy build a fence and he paid you cash for it, would you claim it on your income tax. I sort of believe you should try to comply but after all we just be poor humans. It's an awful big can of worms you opened up