Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Heading out! I'll need some luck >

Heading out! I'll need some luck

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Heading out! I'll need some luck

Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Heading out! I'll need some luck

Having a cup of coffee, sunrise is at 7:30 AM, I can shoot (legally) at 7;AM, It will take me 1/2 hour to get comfortable in the stand. I didn't do well during the rifle hunt, I let a couple of doe's & a spike pass, My cams have only been picking up doe's, (which are great for the table), although early a couple of nice bucks were in the area, so we shall see, Good luck to any other Mn. & all other hunters hunting today,
Old 11-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Dominant Buck

good luck to you on your hunt. I hope you see what you want.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck Doc!! I didnt see a deer or hunter this morning. Where are you at in Mn?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get some!! Good luck. Stay warm!!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

DocD and BigDaddy, Good luck to both of you. I hadn't planned on going out at all until Wednesday morning but the wife was insistent that I do, so I made it out yesterday afternoon. I got out later than I wanted and didn't have time to make it back to the stand I wanted to sit, but I was out and that's what matters.
I ended up sitting in a blind on a cornfield and didn't see anything. Two weeks ago I would have bet all my money I would have taken a deer from it. Then for some reason this year they came through and disc'd the whole field under so it's just dirt. There's not even a bare corncob to be found. I think before I go out again I'll try to move the blind to a grassy clearing on back side of the cornfield and let is sit for a few days. I can always hunt a tree stand in the mean time.
Good luck to all the other MN hunters and anyone else getting to hunt right now. I know I could sure use the two deer in my freezer.