HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Muzzleloader Hybrids (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/387563-muzzleloader-hybrids.html)

Muley Hunter 11-27-2013 07:34 AM

Muzzleloader Hybrids

I've voiced my opinion of mixing up traditional muzzleloaders with inlines. I've said sidelocks should use black powder, PRB, and iron sights. Inlines are free to use modern bullets, powder, and scopes.

Traditional hunting, and modern muzzleloader hunting.

This is just my opinion, so don't take it personally. We're all free to do as we please.

With that said. I ran across a gun for sale on GunBroker that one of you guys should look into. I've been watching it for the last 3 days, and the price hasn't moved. Someone is going to steal this gun if nobody starts bidding soon.

The gun is a TC Renegade. It looks brand new. Look at all the pictures. Look at the triggers, and butt plate. They show zero wear. It has a Green Mountain 28" 1-28 twist barrel. I'm sure this barrel hasn't been shot yet. Look at the nipple area, and look at the crown in the picture that looking down at the muzzle. No sign of being shot.
It also has a scope mounted on it. It's a cheap scope, but the mounts and rings look first class. It has all the original paperwork, and some extras too.

For those who want the performance of an inline, but the look of a sidelock. This would be an excellent choice.

Take a look.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=377126608

cayugad 11-27-2013 08:44 AM

I have two of them, and they are very good sabot shooters. One of mine is stainless steel with a 1-28 28 inch barrel. The other is a 1-28 21" barrel that fits a flintlock of mine as a walking around rifle. Both shoot sabots real well.

Semisane 11-27-2013 08:56 AM

I have two of those barrels also, both blue. One on a TC Hawken stock and one on a Renegade stock. They are great shooters. Someone here ought to scoop that one up.

Here's a 100 yard target from the Hawken with a peep sight.

Muley Hunter 11-27-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 4102149)
I have two of them, and they are very good sabot shooters. One of mine is stainless steel with a 1-28 28 inch barrel. The other is a 1-28 21" barrel that fits a flintlock of mine as a walking around rifle. Both shoot sabots real well.

You need another one. Did you see how clean that gun is. Someone is going to steal that gun. It's a $500 gun.

idahoron 11-27-2013 09:30 PM

When I posted the pictures of mine you didn't care for them why the change of opinion? Ron

bronko22000 11-28-2013 01:24 PM

And I'm only selling my sidelocks with the same barrels for $350! Maybe I should raise the price and they will sell.

Muley Hunter 11-28-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by idahoron (Post 4102334)
When I posted the pictures of mine you didn't care for them why the change of opinion? Ron

I posted this for those who do like that style of gun. Nothing wrong with them. Just not my style.

If I own a sidelock, it will have a PRB twist. If i own a gun with a fast twist barrel it will be an inline. Actually, I do own one of those now, but I can't get bronco's GPR flintlock out of my head. I offered him a brand new MR for it, and he turned me down.

Muley Hunter 11-28-2013 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4102516)
And I'm only selling my sidelocks with the same barrels for $350! Maybe I should raise the price and they will sell.

Why? It sold for $355.

bronko22000 11-28-2013 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4102553)
Why? It sold for $355.

Yeah but that was a Rene, mine are Hawkens.

And also Muley, the only reason I turned you down is that I didn't want to take advantage of an old man. But if you really, really want the GPR and want to make that deal, send me another PM or email and I'll give you my address and we'll make the switch. I think I even have the box for the GPE somewhere.

Muley Hunter 11-28-2013 04:15 PM

LOL...I knew this would force you to make the deal.

Who said old men are slow.