Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
LittleHorn and success( Pics included) >

LittleHorn and success( Pics included)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LittleHorn and success( Pics included)

Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Very nice shot and fine harvest. The 200 SST/Shockwave is one of my favorite bullets.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I have to admit that I am very proud of my kids. Just yesterday evening I had a different kid out and it was almost time to go . He was stalking a doe and within 30 yards but there was a slight crest that hid her vitals. He didn't take a shot . She moved on and the day ended unsuccessful but I was glad he chose to not take a risky shot . They practice shooting just like they practice for chess or basketball or cross country and I think it pays off in that they are becoming better hunters. When we went to practice shooting I overheard the younger son say to the older one"I hope I shoot good" the older one responded" we won't get to go hunting if you don't"
For some reason I felt good about that statement. So I have to admit I'm proud of them

Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I have to admit that I am very proud of my kids. Just yesterday evening I had a different kid out and it was almost time to go . He was stalking a doe and within 30 yards but there was a slight crest that hid her vitals. He didn't take a shot . She moved on and the day ended unsuccessful but I was glad he chose to not take a risky shot . They practice shooting just like they practice for chess or basketball or cross country and I think it pays off in that they are becoming better hunters. When we went to practice shooting I overheard the younger son say to the older one"I hope I shoot good" the older one responded" we won't get to go hunting if you don't"
For some reason I felt good about that statement.
So I have to admit I'm proud of them
Lol... classic.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love seeing kids out in the woods with us!!! We will have our youth day in a week or so and I love it. My girls liked to fish but not hunt. I have my grand kids coming up and hope to get them involved. Great job Micah!!!