Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Politicians are pure scum >

Politicians are pure scum

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Spike

Default Politicians are pure scum

Manchin Toomey bill will do this.........

"No wonder the Senate REJECTED the bill, But we sure were never told of the actual terms of what the bill included.
You kind of wonder why this information never makes the papers or TV news.....
Read this very carefully....

The "most popular" part of the proposed Senate gun control bill (background checks) sounds like a good idea at first but is more restrictive than anyone anticipated and will have significant unintended consequences.
There is a huge push to get it through Congress before the public has a chance to consider its contents.

Common activities that we take for granted will become federal crimes. These are not irresponsible exaggerations. Please take a moment to review the requirements of the bill.
Here are a few examples of the restrictions in the bill:

EXAMPLE #1
Loaning your buddy a shotgun for a duck hunting trip will be considered a transfer. If the following requirements are not met, YOU HAVE BOTH COMMITTED A FEDERAL CRIME.

1. He must have already purchased his hunting license
2. Season is already open (and will not close before he returns it)
3. He cannot travel with the firearm through a county where season is not yet open or any area where hunting is prohibited and certainly not across a state line.

He CANNOT stop by your house on the day before season opens, pick up the shot gun, go to the sporting goods store to buy a license and shells then drive out to the hunting lease. In this scenario, YOU BOTH WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MULTIPLE FEDERAL CRIMES, YOUR WEAPONS WILL BE FORFEITED AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR RIGHT TO BUY OR OWN A FIREARM.

EXAMPLE #2
It appears that only you may relocate your weapons. If your weapon leaves your home without you, the new legislation considers it a transfer of possession. ALL transfers require going through a firearms dealer, paying the transfer fee and a background check for the transferee.

Putting the weapon, even temporarily in someone else's possession, requires a transfer through a dealer. There is no exception for putting them in a friend's truck while moving to your new house or packing them unloaded, locked in a gunsafe into a moving truck.
Any scenario in which your weapon leaves your home without you is considered a transfer. Failure to properly transfer the weapon is a federal crime which can result in a prison term AND WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR WEAPON.

In the scenario above, your buddy's truck was used to commit a federal crime and WILL BE CONFISCATED just like with current Fish and Game violations.

EXAMPLE #3
Infractions as above which involve 2 guns of any type are considered weapons trafficking. You will be prosecuted under the same federal laws as a terrorist arms dealer.
EXAMPLE #4
Any of the infractions above (or hundreds of other routine scenarios) may result in federal charges, confiscation of ALL your weapons and being prohibited, like all felons, from ever owning a weapon again.

Please read the text of the bill yourself. Most of it is boring legalese but the sections on transfers and trafficking are critical.
Take a minute to think about all the routine activities like those above that will make you a federal criminal and result in prison time plus the confiscation of your weapons and other property.

A link to the bill is included below on the official Senate website. See Section 122 "Firearms Transfers".

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.649:

Read it and call your congressman's office. Talk to their staff. Tell them how you feel about this.

Keep in mind, none of the above would have stopped the tragedy's in Columbine or Newtown . The proposed law makes you a criminal and opens the door for confiscation of your weapons and property for otherwise routine activities.
Think and act. Congress is hoping that you will do neither.
If you found the patience to read the entire text, you also learned that exactly $100 million per year of your tax money is set aside to enforce these restrictions.

Finally, please forward this to your friends who may be affected."
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I doubt it will pass the Senate, but for sure it won't get passed by the House.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I have often wondered if they make a bill like that so CRAZY!! they expect all the others to vote it down. But then they can tell the voters in their district.. I tried, I really did. When all the scare of banning weapons, magazines, ammo, etc came around.. I was pretty sure it would never be passed. Although I agree, contact your congress representative and your senators, and tell them how you feel.

All that scare really accomplished was all tactical black rifles disappeared off the shelf, and all the ammunition off the shelves. Although I did see a sign in the Wal Mart that said... only two boxes of ammo per day, can be purchased. They did not have any .22 shells anyway.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

So.......................this bill has already failed to make it through the senate?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
I have often wondered if they make a bill like that so CRAZY!! they expect all the others to vote it down. But then they can tell the voters in their district.. I tried, I really did. When all the scare of banning weapons, magazines, ammo, etc came around.. I was pretty sure it would never be passed. Although I agree, contact your congress representative and your senators, and tell them how you feel.

All that scare really accomplished was all tactical black rifles disappeared off the shelf, and all the ammunition off the shelves. Although I did see a sign in the Wal Mart that said... only two boxes of ammo per day, can be purchased. They did not have any .22 shells anyway.
I can't find a box of .22 anywhere around here.

I am with you on the reason they try this or they can come back and say well maybe not this but how about these "common sense" rule changes. Always killed me politicians talking common sense when they have non!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

So.......................this bill has already failed to make it through the senate?
Yes the bill failed in the senate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-gun-proposal/

You are just figuring this out?

And finally not to hijack the thread but shouldn't this topic go in the political forum?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, the bill failed. What is the problem? We all know there are those that would have all of our firearms taken from us. This bill failed. The constitution is working. Our elected officials are representing us. Government is working. Life for some, goes on.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Politicians are pure scum.

I must disagree.

Putting "politicians" and "pure" in the same sentence is incorrect usage of the word "pure".

Any of the following may be properly substituted for the word "pure" in your statement; dirty, filthy, obscene, unclean, evil, immoral, corrupt, degenerate, perverted, or damned. Or simplify the sentence to "Politicians are scum" and we'll automatically add one or all of those other adjectives in our minds.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

"Politicians are scum"
Well said my friend
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Spike

The entire scheme is not about guns it is about control. They can't catch the bad guys so now they are going after the good guys.
Here is the really weird part despite the fact it never got traction in the senate.
"This is only round one"
Don't the guys work for us?
I wrote my senator and told him how I felt about all the Americans who died protecting our freedoms. some whacko gets a hold of a stolen gun and now that is all for nothing?
He is a bleeding heart liberal who could not pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.
My father would roll over in his grave!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.