HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   OT...It's gone WAY too far!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/380938-ot-its-gone-way-too-far.html)

Blackpowdersmoke 04-19-2013 08:48 AM

OT...It's gone WAY too far!!!

I was visiting a friend recently and he and his wife were telling me about a recent incident that involved their 10 yr. old son. While waiting for the school bus one morning last week, the boy spotted a pretty stone in the gravel parking lot where he stood so he picked it up and put it in his pocket. After he got on the bus and sat down, he showed the stone to the girl he shared a seat with. She didn't say anything to him but when she got off the bus, she informed the bus driver that the boy had a "sharp object that could be used as a weapon".

He was called to the Principal's office and reprimanded as well as threatened with suspension. Well, as you might have already guessed, my friend and his wife payed a visit to the school and ripped the Principal a new @$$!!!

The boy was allowed to keep the stone so they showed it to me. It was a small, triangular-shaped, piece of natural quartz about the size of a Walnut. Now, as far as being sharp, you could have died of exaustion trying to cut yourself or anyone else with it before you ever drew blood.

So much for the boy's budding interest in rock collecting, he was alllowed to keep the stone providing that he never bring anything like that to school again. What if he had found an Indian arrowhead? It sickens me to no end to see what the liberals have done to this country in the short timespan of my life but what sickens me even worse is to think of the world this boy is going to have to grow up in.

BPS

jaybez101099 04-19-2013 09:26 AM

Bps thats the world we live in now. The liberals along with the liberal media is taking our beloved country and ruining our society. Political correctness is the first thing we need to eliminate.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

Semisane 04-19-2013 11:41 AM

It's a result of what I call the "Girly-men Phenomenon". Given the attacks on masculinity by the media and misguided feminism, it's a wonder boys aren't castrated at birth. It's a sad time for boys in America.

Semisane 04-19-2013 11:50 AM

Political correctness is the first thing we need to eliminate.

I'm with you on that Jaybez.

Try this for a start.

Gm54-120 04-19-2013 11:57 AM

When i was young we had model rocketry clubs and we brought arrowheads to school for show and tell. Lots of kids even carried small pocket knives. We never had a problem and any weapon related violence was super rare.

Something has changed and its not the rocks, arrowheads, pocket knives or model rockets.

Semisane 04-19-2013 12:17 PM

Every guy in my 4th. grade class had a pocket knife. :patriot:

We would play mumbley-peg during recess. (You young squirts will probably need to Google mumbley-peg. :s2: )

Showing off a new pocket knife - in the school yard - was mandatory, and there was often heated discussion regarding the relative merits of Gerber vs. Old Town vs. Case. ("Chuck's old knife doesn't even have a name on it. hee-hee") We gave the trees hell carving initials and such, but it would not even have occurred to us to harm someone with our knife.

Oh well. I think I'll have a Scotch.

Gm54-120 04-19-2013 12:39 PM

I had a Frontier kinda like this one.

I got it from grandpa when i was maybe 10 and carried it for years. Pulling a knife in a fight was pretty much a taboo. We beat the tar out of each other with our fists...like real men. :D

Pawildman 04-19-2013 12:44 PM

IMO the entertainment industry in this country shares a HUGE responsibility for the way people have changed over the years. Not just the kids. The extreme violence, blood, gore, and the language used is just intolerable anymore. Nudity, sex, and the flaunting of our LEO's in both film, videos and the "music" has become totally disgusting. A young kid gets "busted" for bringing a rock he found attractive to school, but yet it's perfectly OK to let him listen to vulgar music lyrics and watch blood and guts being displayed to him on TV and in videos along with all the filthy dialogue that so often accompanies it. And then you have some liberals who want to fix everything but the real problem. Absolutely unbelievable....

HuntAway 04-19-2013 01:24 PM

Never heard it called mumbly peg before but I do recall playing it.
Never left home without a pocket knife. I remember riding home on the bus with my brand new shotgun and a couple boxes of shells. Try that today!

So sad what the world has become.

HA

jaybez101099 04-19-2013 03:25 PM

Semi ....GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android