Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
OT...It's gone WAY too far!!! >

OT...It's gone WAY too far!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OT...It's gone WAY too far!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I can't understand is how anyone can agree with this kind of BS.
Stupid laws/rules/regulations come from people/politicians wanting to "do something:" do something for the children, the planet, etc. Many times these hastily conceived laws are bullied past people with the notion of being "reasonable" or "common sense." I wanted to puke every time I heard Obama saying he wanted "common sense" gun laws.

This is not the political forum so I will not go much further. But I believe a part of what has happened to our society is due to people not recognizing they were being bullied when an argument was made along the lines: "that is reasonable don't you think....?" Decent people have made "reasonable" concessions to our way of life to the point of "zero-tolerance" absurdity and our children, especially boys, now suffer for it.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

I love this thread, but at the same time I hate it. You guys are 100% right about every single point listed in this thread. It was a right of passage for a little boy to get his first pocket knife from his Grandfather or his dad. Times have changed.

But the part that breaks my heart, as bad as it all has gotten, I don't see that there is any way we will ever be able to change it back. God help us...please!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check this out...

http://news.yahoo.com/argument-over-...130031629.html

BPS
Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Our country has lost its way.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Dutch
Our country has lost its way.
I am old so I really remember this.... Paul Harvey warned decades ago, that we (the US) were becoming to civilized!

And the worst part is we, the common folk, not the politicians - the president, the senate, the house, the Republicans, or the Democrats are responsible.

We the common folk - vote these people in to represent us - why do we continue to do that if they are not?

The problem... Money!!! or as in the case of the Romans - the people with the power and the people with money or power are always looking for more, so they spend a lot of time determining politics...

Sorry just had to vent....