Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What Can You Get For $100? >

What Can You Get For $100?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What Can You Get For $100?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I ended up with the one little 4-point buck for the Swamp Dragon to feed Chuck. Didn't see a better buck all season. Didn't take the two does I usually do because of our club's unanimous decision to leave the does alone this year to build up our herd. Numbers were down due to a hard hit in our area by EHD last Spring.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice clean up job. I think you'll have some fun with it. I've looked at the H&R a couple different times and it looks like a pretty good design. For $100 I'd say you did the right thing.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking gun. I know a guy that has one and wouldn't trade it for anything. Sure cleaned up better than I thought it would. Good luck with it!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by pluckit
"What Can You Get For $100 Dollars?"
To answer your Question, even if you really weren't looking for one, I have bought a couple of Traditions inlines with scope packages, new in the box, that have brought the price of the rifle minus the value of the scope, rings and bases, down to just around that much. The Canyon being one of them. I think it was purchased from The Sportsman's Guide.
Nice job cleaning that one up.
I figured it was a pretty good deal Pluckit, considering that the dry-box and assorted goodies that came along with it probably cost more than $50.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
considering that the dry-box and assorted goodies that came along with it probably cost more than $50.
Is that a package of Powerbelts I see in the photograph? You can't count them as part of the $50 'cause dey ain't werth nuttin.
JUST KIDDING! GOOD DEAL!

Last edited by pluckit; 03-15-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by pluckit
Is that a package of Powerbelts I see in the photograph? You can't count them as part of the $50 'cause dey ain't werth nuttin.
JUSY KIDDING! GOOD DEAL!
Well, they'll be OK for sighting in the scope.

As we were exchanging gun & cash, the seller tells me, "I've killed a few deer with this gun with no problem. But last season I shot a nice buck at only 40 yards. Couldn't see where he ran because of the smoke. We found some blood where he was standing when I shot him. But nothing else, and we never found him.

Now this guy had already told me he used the gun only one weekend per year. But I hadn't seen the contents of the dry-box yet. Taking a wild guess I said, "I'll bet you were using three pellets and a Powerbelt, and shot him in the shoulder."

His eyes got big and round and he said, "How the hell did you know that?"
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well, they'll be OK for sighting in the scope.

As we were exchanging gun & cash, the seller tells me, "I've killed a few deer with this gun with no problem. But last season I shot a nice buck at only 40 yards. Couldn't see where he ran because of the smoke. We found some blood where he was standing when I shot him. But nothing else, and we never found him.

Now this guy had already told me he used the gun only one weekend per year. But I hadn't seen the contents of the dry-box yet. Taking a wild guess I said, "I'll bet you were using three pellets and a Powerbelt, and shot him in the shoulder."

His eyes got big and round and he said, "How the hell did you know that?"

Just a coinsidence, that's all.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Spike

After reading your opening lines I thought that you were going to make the Swamp Dragon a brother out of it.
Anyway; good deal;looks nice.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice addition Semi, dont forget the Range Report!
(BP)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Boy I'm missing a lot not being on here as often as I used to. My MLs are collecting dust waiting for this weather to break. Every time I think I am going to get out either something comes up or we get another snow storm. Then the snow melts and turns my shooting area into a mud hole.