Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What Can You Get For $100? >

What Can You Get For $100?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What Can You Get For $100?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What Can You Get For $100?

Well, I didn't want or need another in-line. But what the heck. It's something to play with. .

The good news: After taking those pictures I ran a patch with Montana X-treme down the bore and it's just fine; 90% of the rust on the frame and breech wiped off with a MX patch; and the gun has a fantastically good trigger.

I see a range session in my future.

Last edited by Semisane; 03-15-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

How sweet it is.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Semi , I have been waiting and waiting to see if you bought that NEF. I have said before , mine has by FAR the best trigger of all my guns and plenty of others I have shot. It shoot lights out with what ever I load down the barrel. Did you get a after market plug or are you using the orange primer carriers>????? Can't wait to see your report.It really is a shame that some folks don't take care of their guns.That home made breach plug wrench is kind of what I made before getting the MU plug.
Steve
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I owned two or three of those over the years. Great shooters and great to hunt with.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Dominant Buck

That would make a heck of a pickup truck rifle if nothing else. That's a good deal there Semisane.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

It took a while to connect with the seller sbuff. I was in no rush to get it. So we made arrangements to meet on the side of the Interstate the next time he drove through my area, and that day was today.

I haven't shot it yet. I think I'll get the MU breech plug sooner or later (probably sooner). The plug is 5/8". I may have found a use for that Cabala's Powderhorn scope that's been sitting in the closet for almost a year.

But if I end up keeping this thing I'll have to make a wood stock and forend for it. Or maybe paint it Mardi Gras colors (purple, green, and gold)
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
That would make a heck of a pickup truck rifle if nothing else. That's a good deal there Semisane.
All of my rifles are pickup truch rifles.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

It needs a little more attention. But it's cleaning up pretty well. The bore has a few skuff marks (?) a few inches down from the muzzle, but nothing that should affect accuracy.

Last edited by Semisane; 03-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

"What Can You Get For $100 Dollars?"
To answer your Question, even if you really weren't looking for one, I have bought a couple of Traditions inlines with scope packages, new in the box, that have brought the price of the rifle minus the value of the scope, rings and bases, down to just around that much. The Canyon being one of them. I think it was purchased from The Sportsman's Guide.
Nice job cleaning that one up.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Van,
How did your deer season end up? What was the SwampDragons totals? It was so so for me 2 deer total one bow(8point) one muzzle(doe)
Chuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.