Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lifetime Promise

Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lifetime Promise

Sorry, I know I've posted a lot about this LHR Redemption, but I'm real excited about it.
The other day I mentioned their "lifetime promise" and said I would copy it here. Didn't get a chance to do that yesterday, so here it is. This is just the first paragraph

"
This warranty is granted by LHR Sporting Arms LLC™. This warranty, which shall last for the lifetime of any factory finished firearm to all owners is established by the return of the LHR Sporting Arms™ authorized warranty card within thirty (30) days of purchase of such firearm. With respect to such firearm, this warranty supersedes any and all other warranties."

It goes on to say that if I break it because I'm being dumb then it's not covered, but I can't really expect them to fix it free if I'm an idiot. But at least this way the gun is covered for me and my kid in 10 years if needed. After the numerous emails I've sent asking about this thing to get me to feel comfortable ordering it, I have no doubt they'll stand behind it.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Now all you need to worry about is.. the company is a success, does not fold, does not get bought out, and keeps parts in stock. Then you have to be concerned if they are true to their word. But it looks like a good warranty to me. Good luck with that new rifle.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Now all you need to worry about is.. the company is a success, does not fold, does not get bought out, and keeps parts in stock.
You hit the nail on the head Dave. Back in the 70's and 80's when T/C was in it's heyday, who would have thought that they would eventually let the manufacture of their sidelock Muzzys fall by the wayside. I know they're still going strong with their in-lines and Encores, G2's, Icons, etc. but it is saddening to think that the sidelocks are no longer a part of what built a thriving business. As far as the in-lines are concerned, I know that they're in demand and have commanded a strong following, but for thousands of us they just don't link us to muzzleloading like the sidelock does. It's getting very difficult to find parts for certain earlier T/C models, and if you're looking for a Seneca, Cherokee, Patriot, or heaven forbid a "Big Bore" .58, be prepared to pay outrageous money for one in very good condition. Don't take me wrong, I'm not dissing in-lines or blaming them for the demise of the sidelocks as I own several myself, but for the most part they sit shined up and oiled in the cabinet because they just don't invoke the "mystique" that the Flinters and sidelock percussions do. Hopefully, the LHR Sporting Arms Co. will do as good a job with their warranty promise as T/C did in the past.

BPS
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Sounds like a Marriage SuperKirby - wish you many years of joy!

JW
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may be worn out before it gets to your hands.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
It may be worn out before it gets to your hands.
Call me stupid if you like, but just what is that statement supposed to mean? I for one don't want the warranty of anything I purchase new "worn out" before it gets to my hands!

BPS
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Call me stupid if you like, but just what is that statement supposed to mean? I for one don't want the warranty of anything I purchase new "worn out" before it gets to my hands!

BPS
He's just being sarcastic because SuperKirby is so excited about his new ML.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Spike

Just got your message, sorry I am so late getting back to you. You will get to buy a 1 in 20 fast twist 45 Ultra-Lite this year. I have been testing a KP1 with a 1 in 20 and it shoots great. Trust me it will be worth the wait.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
He's just being sarcastic because SuperKirby is so excited about his new ML.
I'm sorry. It's just been a few years since I bought a gun that was what I wanted at the time, not just one that I figured I would get me by until the next year when maybe I would have more money. So yeah, I'm maybe waiting a little impatiently and possily being single-minded. Besides, it's been over a year since I shot a muzzleloader that made smoke, so a little anxious to do that again.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DiscMan
Just got your message, sorry I am so late getting back to you. You will get to buy a 1 in 20 fast twist 45 Ultra-Lite this year. I have been testing a KP1 with a 1 in 20 and it shoots great. Trust me it will be worth the wait.
Huh......?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.