Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!! >

Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carlos is selling a bunch of the black MR's. They're supposed to be fixed from chipping. Maybe you can ask for one of those?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rafsob
Hey BP glad to hear from you brother. I know what you mean. It just doesn't make any sense with this problem. I can't believe I am the only person having this problem!!! If I can't them to help on this, I will get the coating off and press on with a great shooting gun. They have a great product, but please get rid of the coating or get it done correctly.

What buggs the hell out of me is that if this would happen to anyone, it will invariably be me!!! Im the type of guy who gets in a long line at the bank and just before I get to the teller window, she puts up the "Out to lunch" sign!!! If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any.
Rafsob, I just sent you a PM. We will resolve this issue one way or another. If you have not shot the gun they sent you to replace the old one, don't. I will do what ever is necessary to help you out.
Carlos

Last edited by cvilorio; 02-22-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
No.. I do not trying to say that at all... If you like the gun; shoot!! If I liked the gun - it would be terribly hard to give it up.

I am just thinking, and I do not know for sure at all, but there must be a reason thay are adding the coating to the rifle. That is not a inexpensive operation... The other thing I would suggest... I think stainless is the preferred option for many people... CVA has to know this, I know that TC does, but the cost of stainless creates a problem when you are trying to offer a less expensive ML.

There is also another possibility that comes to mind... Since the recieiver is aluminum and the barrel is stainless are they just trying to match the aluminum color of the reciever to the stainless color on the barrel. In that case a coating would be the perfect answer cosmetic answer.

Whatever it is still the pits if the coating will not stay on.

The guys that apply Black Ice Coatings seem to have that problem whipped.
Sabotloader, my Accura V1 has a Aluminum frame and the SS barrel. CVA painted the aluminum frame to match the color of the barrel, it's not perfect but close. Im thinking CVA was just trying to jump on the wagon with the others and coat the SS barrel to sell more, for some reason people are buying coated SS barrels and for what reason I have no clue but they like em.
Im sure the SS CVA uses is of good grade, it was just a bad idea to coat them.
(BP)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Carlos is selling a bunch of the black MR's. They're supposed to be fixed from chipping. Maybe you can ask for one of those?
What do you mean black ones?? Are they blued barrels and frames?
I didn't know the had this style version. They don't show it at the website.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

rafsob, with Carlos in your corner this is sure to work out positively. Take him up on the help he is so generously offering - he can get 'er done.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.cva.com/CVA-Product-View.php?id=393

it's the same rifle with a black coating instead of camo ... my personal opinion is that coatings suck.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
rafsob, with Carlos in your corner this is sure to work out positively. Take him up on the help he is so generously offering - he can get 'er done.
I did gett back to Carlos and he will help me. I hope it all works out. Thanks for the help from all. I'm thinking positive!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I have been talking to Carlos. He is the gentleman who sold me the rifle. He is helping me with this problem and will let everyone know what happens. Hopefully it ain't the fecal matter kind!!!

He told me that he has the same rifle but with the black coating and he has fired his over 100 times with no signs of chipping. So far I have not fired the new gun and am waiting to hear from Carlos. Later gang.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carlos, are you going to the Dixie Deer Classic this weekend???
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Carlos, are you going to the Dixie Deer Classic this weekend???
Not to answer for him but, seen over on ganders site he has said he is attending...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.