Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Derringers And..

Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Derringers And..

I also got this...

Last edited by pluckit; 02-24-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

purdy little revolver there pluckit
Old 02-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cabelas might still be selling the 22cal bullets made for those derringers. Ive also heard 4FG works good in them because the charge is so small.

Looks like they are back ordered
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat104547780
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

That is a very attractive weapon you have there. I would guess at close range, that thing would be a deadly little revolver. It's amazing how many different .22 caliber revolvers and pistols are out there. I am guessing that one is loaded by cartridge, or is it an actual muzzle loader? If so, it would not take very much powder to fire.

I once saw a .22 caliber pistol that fit into a wallet holster. The wallet was the holster and you could fire the revolver while it was still in the wallet. It was considered an alternative to theft. I guess the idea was a person demanded your wallet, so you are close to them. You then pull out that wallet revolver and let them have it. A .22 at very close range is an underestimated weapon. It might not kill them but it will get their attention and perhaps give you a chance to escape.

I have also seen a belt buckle that held a .22 caliber revolver. I personally like derringers. I used to own a number of them. Even carried them from time to time as they were easy to conceal. But I sold them off. I had a .357 magnum double barrel knuckle buster, and a .38 caliber double barrel derringer. But sold them off. All I have left is my .45 caliber derringer. I keep that because you can shoot a .410 shotgun shell out of it. And that thing really jumps when you fire that.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

cayugad,
It is a muzzleloader. It has a little scoop for the powder charge that holds about 35. grains or something like that, I forget but it's in the manual. There are all kinds of accessories for it. Even a bet buckle that will hold it. It comes with a small clip on holster. I can't wait to shoot it.