Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Center Customer Service >

Thompson Center Customer Service

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Customer Service

Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Spike

Default Tc cs

It took 6 weeks and 7 emails which where only answered by automated system just to find out how to send back a lock. Finally received a shipping label by email to send whole gun back.I'm a little afraid they will lose what ever I send.Thompsons CS was great!S&W not so good.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Spike

Default TC Customer Service is Weak!

I have a TC Impact with the camo stock. My 1" stock spacer was stolen and TC customer service/parts has been no help at all. On two occasions, they have sent me a spacer that is the wrong size and color. They won't answer my emails or return my calls. They have told me that the part I need is not available even though the rifle is still in production. How is that? This is my first and last TC firearm and will probably be for sale soon. No more S&W's for me either! Rant off.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 1" stock spacer was stolen
I never realized theft was a warranty issue.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought he just wanted to buy one. I didn't see warranty mentioned, just customer service. I haven't had to use their customer service in years but it sure use to be the best.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I never realized theft was a warranty issue.
Warranty has nothing to do with it. Wouldn't you expect parts to be available to purchase for a current production firearm? This has been ongoing for several months.

Last edited by smokinggun; 07-23-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I've had nothing but good experience with TC. Called them once and told the pretty lady (well, she sounded pretty) that I'd read on a Internet forum that TC had off-set hammers for Renegade and Hawken rifles. I said I had just put a scope on a Renegade and, while the hammer cleared the ocular bell, it was very very close. She said "give me your address and I'll send you one". I said "can you send me two. I have another Renegade I plan to scope". She said "sure", and two new off-set hammers arrived a week later.
Semi,

That must have been some time ago...I don't believe The offset hammers are available anymore. I could use one myself.

BPS
Old 07-24-2014, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Does seem strange. I've gotten parts for free from them before.

Maybe this has something to do with S&W?

Muley,

Ditto on your first sentence and ABSOLUTELY on your second.

BPS
Old 07-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Spike

Just an update on my previous post,since this post has resurfaced.After 3 mos. I finally did get my lock back from TC.It took 3 phone calls,but it was returned with 3 new parts including the tumbler.Guess what? It works just the same as when it was sent to them.I gave up!
The only company that gave better service than the old TC might have been Ruger. Since S&W forget it!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Spike

I would like to add to my above post. TC has been answering my emails with the generic computerized response. Problem is they say they will get back to me in 5 days and they do not. Also, in the responding email which has the computer generated ticket # they got my name wrong. When I say they got my name wrong I mean not even close, some other customers name is on my ticket#. TC doesn't care.