Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Center Customer Service >

Thompson Center Customer Service

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Customer Service

Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Does seem strange. I've gotten parts for free from them before.

Maybe this has something to do with S&W?
Probably cause to many people wanting parts for free or maybe it depends on who you talk to .

Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always had great service with them but they have been really slow. Never had to pay for anything.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Glad your experience with them was good, Dave.

I have only had to deal with T/C customer service one time (about 10 years ago), and it was a very good experience for me as well.

I think the policy about not shipping a warranty part right out may be a S&W thing. I know they did for me ten years ago.

Or, like SharpShooter said, they have probably had too many illegitimate claims from people wanting free parts over the years. That would force any company to change its policies, imo.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have an omega and like Pluckit, one of my thimbles had fallen off after a shot. The screw hole was enlarged and would not stay on. I called them mid december and they sent me out a new one free of charge, no questions asked. A week later I received it but it was blued not stainless. I sent it back the next day with the return slip i received with the thimble asking for an exchange. 3 weeks went by with no new thimble. I called and told them the situation and received the new correct one 5 days later. It took awhile to get the whole thing resolved but I can't complain. It cost me nothing and I could still have used it in the meantime with only one thimble.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I sure don't have any complaints. In fact I just used it. On my Encore frame ever since I got it there was a spot on the frame that hat a little rust spot on it. It cleaned off just fine but always seemed more prone to rust than anywhere else on the frame. Finally a couple weeks ago I figured I might as well ask TC about it. The sent me a pre-paid shipping label and told me when I was ready to send it, call FedEx and they would pick it up. Got the label, FedEx picked it up the next morning, and Monday morning I got the frame back from TC, factory refinished and good as new. Didn't cost me a cent and I didn't even have to leave the house to get it taken care of.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Its been some years, however, the experience I had with T/C customer service was memorable! Back in the late '80s the wife and I moved to Alaska for jobs (great experience); the company moved us from Colorado. Somehow on the way up my TCR'83 Aristocrat developed a gouge in the butt stock. I can only believe the movers probably took it out of the original box and maybe dropped it. ??? In any case, the insurance was going to pick up the tab to have it repaired; all they needed was three different price quotes. So it was then my wife says to me (she's so smart) "Why don't you send it back to the people who made the gun." So I get to thinking and says to myself "who better?" So, I called T/C and explained to them what happened and they told me how much it would be to have it repaired. In fact, their quote was half of the amount of the the third cheapest quote I had from other gunsmiths. So, there goes my rifle along with a check back to the East Coast by way of UPS. Ten days later, my wife calls me at work and says "Your gun is back." I opened the box the first thing I got home. Sure enough, there is my gun with a BEAUTIFUL piece of wood, however, they had not only replaced the the butt stock they had replaced the fore stock to ensure a match! Here's the kicker, inside the box was the check I sent along with a nice letter explaining what they had done to fix the problem. I was beside myself!

When I hear folks explain their sad stories about poor T/C customer service, I just keep my lip zipped because I have no right to bad mouth them.

There it is!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Probably cause to many people wanting parts for free or maybe it depends on who you talk to .
I wasn't looking for free parts. I just wanted the problems the gun had fixed. The free parts didn't fix it.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 AM
Spike

Thumbs up

Definately great customer service. Four years ago while hunting, I slipped on a moss covered tree branch and broke a thimble when my Omega hit the branch. I called and talked to a lady at T.C., informed her what happened and that I needed to buy a replacement stainless thimble. She said they would send a new one to me no charge. The replacement came in less than two weeks, but it was black, not stainless. I called TC back and a lady apologized and told they would send me the stainless one and to not worry about returning the black thimble. With this kind of service, this is why we own all TC muzzle bangers.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i can't write anything about TC customer service; i know nothing about TC customer service. If i counted correctly, i have had seven Omega, and one Triumph. Hmm............
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

at one time i had high praise for TC .............now..........not so much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.