Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Center Customer Service >

Thompson Center Customer Service

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Customer Service

Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Thompson Center Customer Service

Most of the time we hear about customer service in a negative connotation. Not always, but often enough. So I figure I would tell of my experiences with Thompson Center.

As some remember I was shooting my Black Mountain Magnum 50 caliber Traditional style rifle and the hammer had the nose split on me. This rifle shoots musket caps.

Well I finally got around to contacting Thompson Center about the problem and asked them if they could send me a new hammer. They refused, saying it was not their policy to mail out parts. BUT If I were willing to send them the lock and damaged hammer, they would be glad to fix it free of charge. I agreed to their terms. After all its not like I didn't have a rifle to shoot in the mean time.

So with their pre paid mailing label I sent off the lock with hammer attached. Today I received the lock back with a brand new hammer installed. I replaced the lock and an now good to go again.

I just wanted to say, it never cost me anything since they paid both ways.. and they did install a brand new hammer on the lock. That to me is good customer service. The process took only three weeks. Not too bad.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
1874sharpsshooter

You can't ask for much more than that. I wish more companies had that good of customer service . That's one area that seems to be falling by the wayside anymore. Sometimes I feel like some of these companies want to sell their stuff but once they do then they could care less . Bravo for TC

Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

QUOTE "They refused, saying it was not their policy to mail out parts."
That's funny. I called them once and told them that the hole that the screw goes through to hold one of the thimbles on my Hawken had become enlarged and would no longer stay on the rifle. With no questions asked I had received 2 new thimbles with screws in the mail within a week. They certainly do have great customer service.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the report, Dave. That's good to know being I own an Omega. Haven't had any problems but it is good to see they will do the right thing.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

That is good to hear, & good on you to give them recognition. Doc
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Spike

I have heard this time and again on several forums. TC has one of the best customer relations in the buisness
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I had my TC Venture recalled because of the trigger mechanism. Like everyone above, I shipped my gun out at their cost and they inspected the rifle and shipped it back. I totally expected for the rifle to be gone for months but received it back in only a matter weeks. TC has excellent customer service and I would recommend that if anyone is looking into buying a new gun, give TC a chance. They are as accurate as they advertise and good customer service to boot.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've had nothing but good experience with TC. Called them once and told the pretty lady (well, she sounded pretty) that I'd read on a Internet forum that TC had off-set hammers for Renegade and Hawken rifles. I said I had just put a scope on a Renegade and, while the hammer cleared the ocular bell, it was very very close. She said "give me your address and I'll send you one". I said "can you send me two. I have another Renegade I plan to scope". She said "sure", and two new off-set hammers arrived a week later.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Why they would not just send me the hammer I have no idea. The woman I talked to was very insistent that if they just sent me the hammer they would have to charge me for the part. But as long as they were paying the shipping, I really did not care, although it was a devil to get that lock off. You had to take the tang off also to get the lock off.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does seem strange. I've gotten parts for free from them before.

Maybe this has something to do with S&W?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.