Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Component Suppliers Are Inudated With Orders >

Component Suppliers Are Inudated With Orders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Component Suppliers Are Inudated With Orders

Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Remember when it was like this four years ago? Took a year and a half to get most things back to "normal". It just sucks. I need some powder and bullets and never have alot of money to stock up. What makes mad is people that horde the stuff and never use it. Happen alot up here especially with primers. I ordered some brass a month ago and just now got the tracking number.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by 50calty
What makes mad is people that horde the stuff and never use it. .
Better to stock up and have it and never use it than to not have it and need it. If someone can afford to stock up or hoarde it as you call it than more power to them. At least someone will have some if needed . If I could afford to I would hoarde( stock up) a bunch to.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

When hoarding takes away from others. It's not a good thing.

Most of the time it just means that got there first, and were pigs.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I stocked up a long time ago on some items that i could get locally. Items like primers are usually much cheaper in bulk and seem to get hit hard first. I was in a local shop a few years ago when a guy drove over 100 miles to get a 1000 or more. Its kinda hard to make your own primers and powder isn't going to ignite without them.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
When hoarding takes away from others. It's not a good thing.

Most of the time it just means that got there first, and were pigs.
yep. It pays to be quick to discern the sign of the times and react accordingly. Early bird gets the worm and first one to get to the store gets the primers.

Think of it as an investment. They probably won't go down in value. I think i would rather have reloading supplies than the money in the bank.
Evidently so do a lot of others or it wouldn't be so hard to find stuff or such a long wait for shipping or backorders .

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 01-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm ok with my muzzleloading supplies, as long as I don't plan to shoot too much this spring...

It does tick me off that I went looking for some .22s in CCI Mini-Mag hollow points and after going to 8 different stores can't find any .22s..

I have 300 or so which is enough to hunt with for a few years but who in the heck would think you wouldn't be able to find .22s to squirrel hunt with...
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yep...same problem here (and probably everywhere for that matter). It's stupid. I remember a few months back when you could buy a box of 525 rounds of .22 for about 15 bucks on sale here. Now you can't even find a tiny brick of 50.....

Last edited by quake; 01-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Several years ago I purchased 1000 cases each of .223, .40 s&w and 9mm with enough bullets, powder and primers to load them all. Then as time went along I would buy extra bullets and primers. I currently have a carton each of large and small rifle and large and small pistol primers plus a few extra packs.
And I just received an email today that my one order from Graf & Sons has shipped. Still one more to be processed.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep...same problem here (and probably everywhere for that matter).
It is the same here in Arizona. A friend went to the most recent gun show, it was packed...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
It is the same here in Arizona. A friend went to the most recent gun show, it was packed...
I remember the last big gun show I went to not too long ago...it was shoulder to shoulder and you couldnt even walk down the isles. Not fun. That was before all the craziness and hysteria lol.

I dont think I would go to one now even if you paid me. I can only imagine what it's like. .