Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

redemption ?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have been tossing around buying one. i am not concerned with the coating with having a lifetime warranty.

My biggest reason for not have ordered yet... Is not being able to shoulder one. I have a hard time buying something that I can not hold before buying.
The Match grade trigger, hammer system, and BP design are almost too good to be true and it is a break action. Something is telling me with all this, I would not like the way it shoulders, I mean it can not really be that great, can it?

I for one have had it with Knight and the bolt guns and the Visions are just plain ugly! They are accurate and built in the USA but not for me. I have hated the Mountaineer since buying it and actually gave it a year and a half to see if it would grow on me. It hasn't.

The Redemption, I am sure will be just as accurate with also having a green mountain barrel and hey they are built in the USA, Too!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contact them through their site with your city/state and zip code and they'll give you the closest dealer. They've been working on establishing a dealer network with some of the smaller shops around. There's one less than an hour from me that he said will be getting them. I may go in to look at them but would order from somewhere else. I won't buy from that shop from past experiences.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the Vision isn't a great looking gun, but in my opinion the Redemption has them all beat for ugly.

Buy it for it's features, but not it's looks.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Whats wrong with you Muley??? I like the O/U look!!

Guess that's why that make different kinds of everything, No one has the same taste!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just my opinion bro. Not a good looking gun to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is fugly but that never stopped me if its functional and it might very well be. It looks like the coating might be nitride based which is one of the best in the industry.

You know who claims that Armornite is a nitrided finish
http://www.chuckhawks.com/lhr_redemption.htm

I do like some of the features. The safety and action release looks like they will be very functional. Exposed hammers have always been my major turnoff with break actions. They had the sense to leave out a QLA, ive never seen the need for one. I would like to see some T7 range reviews when someone gets one.

I would have preferred a 1-24 twist but thats just my opinion. Offering a cap ignition or LR primer plug would be a good idea too. I thought that is what they meant but it appears one plug is for pellets and the other is for loose powder. Both plugs look like its 209 ignition.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-24-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure they had BH 209 in mind when they designed it. #11 caps were probably not even discussed. Although, that does leave out a couple of states for being legal.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Caps might be too dirty anyway in that action. Im just curious how the coating will effect the T7 crud ring.