Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help me get more accurate with my Encore >

Help me get more accurate with my Encore

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help me get more accurate with my Encore

Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the info guys. Is there a way to tell if my hinge pin is bad? There is no slop in the gun and when I remove it I have to lightly tap it to slide it out. It is not loose nor does it just fall out. If I had to guess I would say the gun has between 75-100 shots through it.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the rifle has no side to side slop with the forearm and ramrod removed, you are probably okay with the hinge pin you have.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Ill give it a look see this evening.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Update.
Not sure if it made a difference or not but I went out yesterday and bought a box of 777 pellets. I went out this morning and set up at 100 yards. I made sure I had a good steady seat and rest. Fired 3 shots at 100 yards and all within 2 inches. The second two were actually touching. I was shooting 3-4 inches high at 100 yards. I was shooting a little left so I adjusted that. I always run a couple cleaning patches through my Encore after each shot when practicing. I did the same today but a couple times I fired a second shot without cleaning just to see if it acted differently. It still grouped good so right now all is well. This is the best the gun has shot for me in a couple seasons. So it could be the powder or it could be in my head. Either way I feel a lot more confident then I did last year. Hopefully this year we will have clean shots and clean kills. Time will tell.