Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight vs Knight?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool flounder. Looks pretty nice. I didn't know they made 22" either, but have seen a few of the "carbine's" (20") around. Saw a NIB laminated carbine last year on gunbroker and was tempted. LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Spike

The breech on my 24" GM MK is closed on the left side.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
have seen a few of the "carbine's" (20") around. Saw a NIB laminated carbine last year on gunbroker and was tempted. LOL
I think that is the Short one in the pic. I did get it with a laminated stock. This fall the guy I bought it from on gunbroker gave me a call and wanted to know if I would sell it back to him.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mjac
The breech on my 24" GM MK is closed on the left side.
All mk's are like that mjac.

I think that is the Short one in the pic. I did get it with a laminated stock. This fall the guy I bought it from on gunbroker gave me a call and wanted to know if I would sell it back to him.
I bet it was. Nice gun for sure, it was really tempting. LOL, he wanted it back... sellers remorse
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
All mk's are like that mjac.
I thought so, but I was actually responding to this:

Originally Posted by sabotloader
The three larger differences...

The Big Horn is a 26" barrel - the MK is normally 24" although there were some 22" barrels

The receiver of the Big Horn has been reshaped in the fact that it round instead flat topped.

Also the breech opening has been closed up on the left wall of the receiver where the MK was open on both sides.

Same twist in the bore 1-28, and again there is an exception in that some 45's were 1-24.
which lead me to believe some MK's were once open on both sides.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mjac
I thought so, but I was actually responding to this:

which lead me to believe some MK's were once open on both sides.
This is an error on my part... I thought just before the switch to the LK series there might have been some MK's that were open on both sides. Now I do not think that happened....
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Spike

Its all good.............I didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
This is an error on my part... I thought just before the switch to the LK series there might have been some MK's that were open on both sides. Now I do not think that happened....
But you were right about there being some with 22" barrels though. One out of two aint bad.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Flounder; that is exactly my mk85 with the Walther barrel. The green laminated stocks were beautiful.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Spike

Art,
the gun you have with a 20" barrel was called the MK-85 Light Knight. Shorter lighter version designed for smaller shooters.

The 22" barrel was called the T-5a Timberline, this was Knight's first econo version of the MK 85, which later became the BK-92

They also made a 24" ported barrel with a false Muzzle for shooting conicals and it was called the MK-85PLB Grizzly.

I'm sure there were variations at different times in production on barrel lengths of different models. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.